Axon Outgoing Caller ID

dardar

I'm setting SPA3102 with axon, I want to know how to setup outgoing callerid in spa 3102, so that it automatically shows the Extensions (which is a Aus phone number) as the callerid to any party who is called to . At present , the line is telstra (with callerid) and if I make an outgoing call, it shows only that telstar number on my mobile and not axon extension.

I do not believe Telstra permits you to 'spoof' outgoing caller ID. Usually you can only set the outbound caller ID on VoIP lines, but for landlines its controlled entirely by the telco. If you do not wish the other party to see your Telstra number when calling, consider adding the 'private number' feature to your line.

I do not believe Telstra permits you to 'spoof' outgoing caller ID. Usually you can only set the outbound caller ID on VoIP lines, but for landlines its controlled entirely by the telco. If you do not wish the other party to see your Telstra number when calling, consider adding the 'private number' feature to your line.

All the Extesions numbers are the numbers I got from Telstra, which is configured in Axon. So just want to dynamically send the calleid through spa 3102, for any outgoing calls made by any of these extensions. If this is called spoofing, then how to do it?

If you mean each Telstra line you have is set-up as a different external line in Axon, then you'll need to set-up a dial-plan which allows you to select the outbound line to use when dialling a number.

For example, you could have a dial plan where numbers starting with 1 go out on line one, 2 to line two and so on. Then you could select which line to use when you dial outbound calls so that the number corresponds with the extension you are using. Note that all of Linksys/Sipura's products (to my knowledge) support dial plans that let you prepend digits in front of numbers. You could have each Linksys/Sipura phone or adaptor you have automatically dial the corresponding prepend digit prior to making each outbound call so that the correct line is used based on the extension that is calling.

On a side note, spoofing is a technique used to mask your true Caller ID with another name/number of your choice. On many VoIP systems this is very easy to do, the client (you) digitally sends the outbound caller ID information to the VoIP service which then sends that on to the analogue phone networks and ultimately to the party you call. On traditional analogue systems there is no way to spoof your Caller ID or send a new Caller ID to the telco. Instead, the telco manages everything for you and has complete control over what Caller ID is used. The only known ways of spoofing analogue networks are:

- Dialling into another phone system and gaining access to their dial-tone and making a call from their line

- Calling into a VoIP system which can transfer your call to another number using a Caller ID of your choice

Also on a side note, spoofing has many legal restrictions and in some regions of the world it is now illegal (even if you also own the number you are spoofing)