Step by step configuration of AXON and Uplink for SIP phone which is running remotely to call Skype

mahendra_85p

Can any one give me the clear cut steps to configure the AXON and UPLINK Adapter to make a call from SIP to Skype and vice versa.

My SIP phone is running on remote host. I want to call it using Skype.

Please give me the valuable info regarding this and how to make a call from both side

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hey;

did anyone ever respond to you on this or did u find the answer?

thanks

Michael

on the server with axon make sure you have skype installed and auto login.

install uplink

skype will pop up that another program is trying to access it (accept this connect always from the uplink)

Now in Axon: goto to creat an external line: the uplink should be added automatically, you just need to edit a few things according to your setup. (Incoming Calls Ring on Extension or Group) if you only have one line for the IVM then the default setup would be 198 to pick up calls coming in.

to dial out using skpye: again in axon goto dialing plan and edit the default setup (here uplink should already be added) if not click ADD Dial Rule. (If number starts with (6) (or what ever number you want to use, as long as its not one already in use)). REMOVE DIGITS (1). PREPEND (+). DIAL ON LINE (what ever you names it on the external line (DEFAULT IS(Uplink Sip To Skype))

now on your sip phone just dial 6 then the number.

To Dial a skype name and not a number (this takes some intervention) in skype you will need to setup speed dial numbers for each person that in the skype) then you would dial 6 and the speed dial number.

i think this is about it its been a year now sense i set this all up.