Clients connecting to PBX remotely

erik7584

Hi guys, I just wondering if anyone know if it is possible to connect remote clients to the PBX via the internet. I have installed Axon PBX on a server in one specific location and currently only,client pcs in the office on the same physical network as the PBX can accept calls from it. Is it possible to configure the clients to connect to the PBX even if they are not in the office but connected to the internet?

this is what I am trying to achieve:

1. All clients have Express talk installed. Most clients are in the office but some are located outside with interent connection.

2. A call comes into the PBX, it rings all pc's, both internally and externally.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have set-up extensions outside my local network using Axon at one time, but I only got it working after essentially disabling the Firewall on the router and opening all ports for Internet communication. This is not recommended, especially on a non-testing server. It would indicate however that you could accomplish this task by simply port forwarding and/or unblocking all the WLAN ports that are required for the remote clients to accept/make calls.

I know that many other users have tried to do the same thing with their set-up and failed, and eventually concluded that using a VPN gateway was the only option. This may be something you want to consider. The advantage of a VPN is remote computers can access the main network as if they were right there, physically plugged into it, thus anything that works on the physical network should work remotely as well. The disadvantage is that all Internet communication then tunnels through the VPN. This means if people are browsing the Internet from home, it sends the request over to it's ISP which then sends it to your office/network with the PBX, then out to your ISP, back to the office, back to their ISP and back to the user.

• 11 months later...

I have my Axon Server on Private IP 192.168.1.50, On the router the ports 81, 5060, 6060, 8000 are forwared. Port 81 for web use, port 5060 for sip provider access, port 8000 for sip provider access, port 6060 for External extentions to register to my PBX.

I have used a dynnds solution for dynamic ip. therefore External Exts connect to mysipserver.dyndns.org:6060 with its user id and password. Thats all you need for IP Phones and ATAs is UserID, Password, and Proxy.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
Hi guys, I just wondering if anyone know if it is possible to connect remote clients to the PBX via the internet. I have installed Axon PBX on a server in one specific location and currently only,client pcs in the office on the same physical network as the PBX can accept calls from it. Is it possible to configure the clients to connect to the PBX even if they are not in the office but connected to the internet?

this is what I am trying to achieve:

1. All clients have Express talk installed. Most clients are in the office but some are located outside with interent connection.

2. A call comes into the PBX, it rings all pc's, both internally and externally.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

As Luis said. Forward the ports in your router to the Axon computer.

Best to forward a few ports though. 5060 to 5075 and 8000 to 8020 should do the job nicely.

Thankyou