"dcan" files

ema

Hello, we use ED to send dictations files to our secured ftp server, and we keep on receiving dcan files (dcanXXXXXX-YY.dct) where XXX is the licence number and YY the file numbre the doctor is trying to send.

Does anyone know what theses files stand for ?

It seems that we receive theses files when the doctor has problems with sending its files (we are having a lot of troubles theses times with ED), but we don't know precisely what they stand for, and how we could intreprete them.

If anyones has an idea....

Thank you

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, we use ED to send dictations files to our secured ftp server, and we keep on receiving dcan files (dcanXXXXXX-YY.dct) where XXX is the licence number and YY the file numbre the doctor is trying to send.

The "can" stands for cancel. These files are being created by Dictate to notify Scribe that the person who created/sent the dictation has since deleted it from Dictate and that a transcript is therefore no longer needed.

• 1 month later...
The "can" stands for cancel. These files are being created by Dictate to notify Scribe that the person who created/sent the dictation has since deleted it from Dictate and that a transcript is therefore no longer needed.

Hi, thank you for this explanation, but I don't get it : is the dcan file related to a sent file or to a file that has been deleted under ED before being sent?

Becaus I don't see how ED could know to which recipient send the dcan file if the dictation has not been sent (several recipients), and moreover, if I try to create a dictation under ED, and delete it, I don't see any dcan file appearing on my ftp server.

If you are talking about files that have been sent, then I don't see how you can delete such a file, since it is not in ED anymore...

Thank you for your precisions,

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, thank you for this explanation, but I don't get it : is the dcan file related to a sent file or to a file that has been deleted under ED before being sent?

Becaus I don't see how ED could know to which recipient send the dcan file if the dictation has not been sent (several recipients), and moreover, if I try to create a dictation under ED, and delete it, I don't see any dcan file appearing on my ftp server.

If you are talking about files that have been sent, then I don't see how you can delete such a file, since it is not in ED anymore...

There is now a knowledge base article on the NCH website. I hope it clears everything up for you.