pap2t-na

jimmid

Hi, I have a small home network and I have a pap2t-na setup on line 1 to my voip provider. This unit is not locked, and I am wondering if I can set up line 2 as an extension in Axon, and if so how (what settings)? Also, by having the pap2 register with the voip provder, will that cause problems with Axon registering with that voip provider as an external line?

Also, with port forwarding, should I port forward to the ip of the Axon computer or the pap2s ip?

I hope someone can enlighten me.

Thanks in advance,

jimmid :unsure:

can set up line 2 as an extension in Axon

Yes. Whenever configuring a PAP2 make sure you are Admin & Advanced mode (select Admin login, then switch to Advanced View)

The LINE 1 tab and the LINE 2 tab are for setting up your 2 extensions

The only settings that need to be changed are:

- Line Enable: Yes

- Display Name: Your choice of caller ID

- User ID: The username for the extension in Axon

- Password: The password for the extension in Axon

- Proxy: The IP address of the computer running Axon

- Save settings, wait a few seconds, and you should be good to go

Also, by having the pap2 register with the voip provder, will that cause problems with Axon registering with that voip provider as an external line?

Not that I know of. Although some VoIP providers/hosted PBX services recommend not registering two devices from the same (external) IP because it may cause undesired effects.

Also, with port forwarding, should I port forward to the ip of the Axon computer or the pap2s ip?

My understanding is the router should forward the port used by each device to that device. I.e. if Axon uses 5060, and your PAP2 uses 5061, port 5060 should be forwarded to the Axon computer, and 5061 to the PAP2.

Thanks for that Pythonpoole. I sat up one extension on line two of the pap2, a softphone extension on the same computer as axon, and another softphone extension with usb hand st on laptop in yet another room. The extensions seem to register with axon, but I cannot connect from one extention to another, they start to ring then drop out. Also can't ring in or out on axon but can with line one of pap.

I have the logs and sip trace logs I can send you. Here is a bit here:

"09:28:45 Axon Virtual PBX started

09:28:47 Control window connected to background service

09:28:47 SIP Private IP is: 192.168.1.35:5190

09:28:47 SIP Public IP is: 121.79.xx.xx:5190

09:28:47 Axon Virtual PBX Engine Started

09:43:58 Cannot find any contacts in group "701".

09:43:58 It is possible no phone is connected logged on.

09:45:49 Cannot find any contacts in group "701".

09:45:49 It is possible no phone is connected logged on.

09:47:08 Cannot find any contacts in group "701".

09:47:08 It is possible no phone is connected logged on.

09:51:10 Cannot find any contacts in group "701".

09:51:10 It is possible no phone is connected logged on."

"09:28:41 Express Talk Run

09:28:43 SIP Private IP is: 192.168.1.35:5072

09:28:43 SIP Public IP is: 121.79.xx.xx:10884

09:28:43 SIP Number: 102@121.79.xx.xx:10884

09:28:43 Attempting to register sip:102@192.168.1.35

09:28:44 Registered as: sip:102@192.168.1.35

09:52:13 Initiated sip call to: 101

09:52:16 Error. Other side said: Not Implemented

09:52:16 Call has disconnected

09:52:42 Initiated sip call to: 103

09:52:44 Error. Other side said: Not Found

09:52:44 Call has disconnected"

I have the sip logs as well. Any Ideas?

Thanks

jimmid :huh:

You need to set-up a dial plan for your extensions to use, otherwise Axon may attempt (and fail) at sending out all calls to an external VoIP provider.

The dial plan is relatively simple to set-up. For example if you have extensions 100-109, you can set-up a dial plan rule for numbers that start with 10 and then set them to use line "[EXTENSION]" (for internal extension calls), then you can set the default / all else fails line to your VoIP provider so any other number (that doesn't start with 10) will be put on the VoIP line.

Also make sure that the extensions you have set-up in Axon are set-up in the Ring Group 701. If 701 is the default group for incoming calls, only extensions connected to 701 will ring, and judging by the errors, Axon is complaining their are none to ring.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. Whenever configuring a PAP2 make sure you are Admin & Advanced mode (select Admin login, then switch to Advanced View)

The LINE 1 tab and the LINE 2 tab are for setting up your 2 extensions

The only settings that need to be changed are:

- Line Enable: Yes

- Display Name: Your choice of caller ID

- User ID: The username for the extension in Axon

- Password: The password for the extension in Axon

- Proxy: The IP address of the computer running Axon

- Save settings, wait a few seconds, and you should be good to go

Not that I know of. Although some VoIP providers/hosted PBX services recommend not registering two devices from the same (external) IP because it may cause undesired effects.

My understanding is the router should forward the port used by each device to that device. I.e. if Axon uses 5060, and your PAP2 uses 5061, port 5060 should be forwarded to the Axon computer, and 5061 to the PAP2.

I have worked on my PAP2 and Axon for over a month now- I have some interesting issues.

One of the main ones was calls dropping after 5:08 to be EXACT. I disabled activity polling in the Advanced Line settings and that seemed to fix it.

Also, I would like to be able to get the voicemail function to work on the PAP2 to deliver the signal to my phone that has a voicemail light / configure the MWI appropriately so the light blinks when there is new voicemail. Any ideas?

I love the latest automatic feature where when you dial the voicemail attendent (IVM) it recognized the DID and it goes into that mailbox. Very helpful also because it shows how to configure such settings with the Validity Checking, etc. :)

Also, I would like to be able to get the voicemail function to work on the PAP2 to deliver the signal to my phone that has a voicemail light / configure the MWI appropriately so the light blinks when there is new voicemail. Any ideas?

IVM has never supported this feature in the past, but from what I've heard the latest version of IVM may include support for it. It's probably best to contact NCH support directly about this and see if they can provide more info.

I disabled activity polling in the Advanced Line settings and that seemed to fix it.
Good to know, I'll try and remember that since timed drop-outs seem to be a somewhat common issue around here[.

• 9 months later...