Put call on hold and pick up another incoming call

ckw

Anyone has a solution how to put the current call on hold and pick up another incoming call?

I am using SPA942 phone which will not ring whenever I'm on the line.

I have tried placing the current call on hold and still the incoming call will not ring on my phone.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

hi

How much incoming lines your phone has ? if two incoming than u have to register two extensions in it.......... and on axon define your incoming calls to a group........ and add the both extension, that u have registered in ur phone. in that case if one extension is busy axon will ring other extension in group.

This behaviour is a bit strange. The SPA942 should have 2 line appearances enabled by default which would let you switch between 'virtual' lines 1 and 2 at any time. Are you sure Axon is actually receiving the second call? i.e. Does your VoIP line support more than 1 concurrent/simultaneous inbound call?

Thanks very much for all your input. The problem is now resolved by setting "YES" to "CW Setting" in the USER TAB.

However, I am having trouble configuring the SHARE LINE APPEARANCE.

I wish to have LINE 2 Button on all my 4 SPA942 phones registered as ext. 117 so that when LINE 2 is in used - all other phones can see the RED light on LINE 2. Currently, all my phones can registered successfully and make outgoing calls on line 2 one at a time. However, I can't tell whether LINE 2 is in used unless I try to dial out using line 2 where it immediately "CALL ENDED".

Thank you very much for all your assistance.

Shared Line Appearance (also known as BLF/Busy Lamp) is a feature that is only supported by very few PBX systems. As far as I know, Axon does not yet support this feature.