Windows XP SP3

taxmandude50

• 2 months later...
Sound Tap functioned like a charm until I downloaded this new service pack. No big surprise here! Anyone else having a similar problem or suggestions for a possible fix?

Recently one of my Win2K machines died. Replaced it with Win XP SP2. Have not downloaded SP3. Have cable internet connection, using MusicMatch Jukebox as my player. On the XP machine, start sequence is Soundtap, Firefox, access internet, start stream, turn on MusicMatch. Soundtap records the openning chime and loses the signal. Stream is still coming thru the speakers. Went to my surviving Win2K machine and loaded all the same apps. Same start sequence and Soundtap works perfectly. Checked all the switches and settings, everything looks right. I believe the problem is with WinXP. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

• 3 months later...
Recently one of my Win2K machines died. Replaced it with Win XP SP2. Have not downloaded SP3. Have cable internet connection, using MusicMatch Jukebox as my player. On the XP machine, start sequence is Soundtap, Firefox, access internet, start stream, turn on MusicMatch. Soundtap records the openning chime and loses the signal. Stream is still coming thru the speakers. Went to my surviving Win2K machine and loaded all the same apps. Same start sequence and Soundtap works perfectly. Checked all the switches and settings, everything looks right. I believe the problem is with WinXP. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I found the same problem. You can not record any stream with windows xp SP3. It works great with SP2 and lame XP, but not SP3. The problem is not just NCH Software, the problem is across the board with all other recording software. I have downloaded and tried many trial versions. At first I thought it must be my computer setup, but after trying all of the other trials on an XP not SP3 computer, they all worked. So, the problem is definately SP3. NCH, do you have a solution or fix? Otherwise, your software is worthless to us.

• 1 month later...