CID

Andish

Hi,

Can you please let me know if AXON Virtual PBX V 2.0 supports setting Caller-ID yet. instead of all sip extentions just default to VoIP provider's CID?

Thanks,

Regards,

Axon always supported CID, If your SIP Provider alows to the CID to travel through.

1. In Axon goto Line and choose the line in question...

2. In the ID or User Name section put the number for the CID

3. Goto Advnced Line Settings and in the "Authentication User Name" section choose "Use a different User Name just for authentication" and enter the original ID or User Name.

Now if your SIP provider allows to CID to travel than the other side should see your caller ID.

Eran

Axon always supported CID, If your SIP Provider alows to the CID to travel through.

1. In Axon goto Line and choose the line in question...

2. In the ID or User Name section put the number for the CID

3. Goto Advnced Line Settings and in the "Authentication User Name" section choose "Use a different User Name just for authentication" and enter the original ID or User Name.

Now if your SIP provider allows to CID to travel than the other side should see your caller ID.

Eran

Actually what I meant was multiple CID's , Axon supports one CID per service provider , however, if you connect to one service provider and you sill want to send each extensions CID through the SIP provider , in AXON v2 you can only see one CID which is the user ID used to register to the service provider. What I want is to be able to send multiple CID through a Service Provider.

I don't know why AXON can't solve this , since this service happened to be implemented in many of other IP SIP PBX providers.

Thanks for replyin

• 5 weeks later...
Actually what I meant was multiple CID's , Axon supports one CID per service provider , however, if you connect to one service provider and you sill want to send each extensions CID through the SIP provider , in AXON v2 you can only see one CID which is the user ID used to register to the service provider. What I want is to be able to send multiple CID through a Service Provider.

I don't know why AXON can't solve this , since this service happened to be implemented in many of other IP SIP PBX providers.

Thanks for replyin

This is based on your Service Provider. I am currently testing using callcentric- you can set your outbound CID, but only one at a time and there are no custom CIDs or such pass-throughs as you are inquiring about. Basically, you would have to have a different account with each DID you want and set that up as an external line for that CID to go out from that group or Extension.

I may be wrong but it sounds like you need a solution for sip-based routing of some kind, which to my knowledge Axon does not currently support.

Hope that helps!