Volume for voice recording

REBro1947@Yahoo.com

When I voice record, the volume level of the recording is always very low, requring me to amplify it

in WavePad by 400% or more. This can cause some background hum. I have checked the volume level

on both RecordPad, when I begin recording, and also on my Windows System through the Control Panel.

The volume is not a problem when I record directly off the system (say from You Tube, etc.). Any suggestions?

Also, is there any way to control the levels of bass and trebble? I do not see any way to adjust these.

Thanks so much!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest N.C.H a.n

When I voice record, the volume level of the recording is always very low, requring me to amplify it

in WavePad by 400% or more. This can cause some background hum. I have checked the volume level

on both RecordPad, when I begin recording, and also on my Windows System through the Control Panel.

The volume is not a problem when I record directly off the system (say from You Tube, etc.). Any suggestions?

Also, is there any way to control the levels of bass and trebble? I do not see any way to adjust these.

Thanks so much!

Hi,

If all your volume settings are turned up, and you can record from other apps, then i'd say there is nothing wrong with your microphone.

Check the meter when you are speaking into the microphone. you should see green bars going up but not peeking too much into the red. The more red, the more distortion you will get.

Check the format setting for the format you are saving the file to. (make sure this isn't set to a really low quality as that will cause the recording to be softer than normal).

If your unsure of what setting to set the format to, just pick mp3 128. that should give a decent quality.