Zoom VoIP Telephone Adapter Model 5801

danigome

Hello:

I'd like to know if Zoom VoIP Telephone Adapter model 5801 works fine with Axon PBX system. I'm from Spain and this hardware is really cheap and easy to buy.

- Contains both FXS and FXO ports; supports bridging and cell phone VoIP access

- Clear, natural-sounding voice quality

- Zoom's Teleport feature allows automatic access to public phone network for

- emergency services like E911 and 112 calling

- Uses industry-standard Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

- Supports Quality of Service (QOS)

- Supports advanced telephone services including CLASS features

- Configurable for SIP-based VoIP services

- Supports automatic provisioning by service providers

- Proven compatibility with SIP-standard servers from Asterisk, Cisco, NetCentrix, Quintum and more

Zoom VoIP Telephone Adapter Model 5801 Datasheet

Thanks in advance.

Yep, looks like it should work fine. Almost any SIP compatible VoIP device should work fine with Axon, IVM, etc.

Ive got and ATA zoom 5800.

Sorry. I'd try to bridgging from voip to PSTN, but I can`t. I configure external lines from AXON, and put Zoom's ATA ip like gateway server form external line, and Zooms said:

10:36:19 Register attempt for proxy sip:109@192.168.1.7 failed

10:36:19 405 I am not a sip server, I am a coffee machine

How can I configure it?

thanks

10:36:19 405 I am not a sip server, I am a coffee machine

If that's for real, that is hilarious. I actually laughed out loud :D .

The basic way of configuring any SIP (FXS) ATA adaptor is:

1 - Create an extension in Axon and assign it a numeric username (Extension ID) and password

2 - Use the VoIP ata's web configuration to set-up an SIP VoIP service to connect to

- - Use the username and password you selected earlier and specify the Axon computer's IP address for the domain/server/proxy

3 - Create an external line in Axon that will connect with your VoIP provider and fill in the relevant username, password, and extension you want incoming calls to ring to.

If you are trying to use the ATA as an FXO adaptor instead, then the instructions above do not apply. Connecting an FXO adaptor to Axon is heavily dependent on the equipment and I suggest referring to the product manual. If this is what you're having trouble with, you can post again with further details but I'm not sure I can be of much help as I've never worked with a Zoom ATA, especially not as an FXO.

*An FXS adaptor is used to receive and make incoming and outgoing calls respectively through a SIP VoIP service or PBX (like Axon) - This is how I assumed you wanted to use the adaptor

*An FXO adaptor is used to connect a PBX (like Axon) to normal PSTN analogue phone lines (for incoming/outgoing calls on the analogue line)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you are aggravating to use the ATA as an FXO adaptor instead, afresh the instructions aloft do not apply. Connecting an FXO adaptor to Axon is heavily abased on the accessories and I advance apropos to the artefact manual. If this is what you're accepting agitation with, you can column afresh with added data but I'm not abiding I can be of abundant advice as I've never formed with a Zoom ATA, abnormally not as an FXO.

Predictive dialer

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...