Insert express scribe timestamp using word macro

binu305

I have developed a word macro for getting time stamp from express scribe using a shortcut. Now a days am trying to develop a macro for playing audiofile in express scribe, when we click a time stamp in MSword. Please help if anybody have any idea..........................

I would appreciate the macro

kathleensnot2@yahoo.ca

Thanks, Kathleen

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have developed a word macro for getting time stamp from express scribe using a shortcut. Now a days am trying to develop a macro for playing audiofile in express scribe, when we click a time stamp in MSword. Please help if anybody have any idea..........................

Would you please send me the macro information. Does this work for Word 7? Huge help!

Terri

BlueLace0301@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

May i also have your secret for a timestamp using word macro? Mine keeps printing the name of the file rather than the time. Silly user. :) And thanks!

Okay, it would probably be helpful to include my email address teribrunette111111@gmail.com. Thanks again!

• 1 year later...

I am transcribing a recording I created myself. I want to insert time codes in the transcription in case I have a question later.

I created the Ctrl-T system-wide hotkey for Copy Time, but when I pressed Ctrl-T in Word 2013, nothing happened.

I tried Ctrl-T, Ctrl-V, but that didn't do anything either.

I restarted Express Scribe. Didn't help.

I restarted Word. Didn't help.

I'm using Express Scribe v 5.59. I'm wondering if this is a problem with Word 2013. My other system-wide macros are working fine.

Is anyone else using Word 2013?

Ctrl+T is a default Word shortcut to indent paragraphs. One suggestion would be to open Notepad and press Ctrl+T with Express Scribe running to see if the system wide shortcut key is working. If it is working in Notepad, then you will have to disable the Word shortcut key for Ctrl+T.

HTH

Good suggestion. It doesn't work in Notepad, so I tried assigning it to a function key (F10) and that didn't work, either. Absolutely nothing happens.

I have to think that it's the Copy Time command itself. The other system-wide function keys work fine without me having to unassign Word keys. (F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, and F9 all do something in Word.)

• 2 years later...

Hi binu,

I am transcribing in Microsoft word and using a macro with the current timestamp being the current time and thats not what i need.

Here's the code for the macro I am using.

Sub Timestamp()

Selection.InsertDateTime DateTimeFormat:="hh:mm:ss", InsertAsField:= _

False, _

InsertAsFullWidth:=False

Selection.TypeText Text:=vbTab

End Sub

I really want to be able to insert timestamp that shows elapsed time from when i started transcribing audio file because i have to timestamp every minute showing how much time has elapsed. Perhaps the macro you have can help me or you can help me use elapsed time instead of current time in this macro. My email address: mskimblyn@gmail.com

Thank you so much.

Kimblyn

• 2 years later...
On 4/15/2008 at 3:14 AM, binu305 said:

Hello could somebody please share the macro with me? I need to insert a time stamp every minute. Thank you!

On 4/15/2008 at 3:14 AM, binu305 said:

Hello, I would very much appreciate the macro. I need to insert a time stamp every minute. Thank you! ellman77@yahoo.com.

• 1 year later...

I would very much like this macro as well. I actually don't know why it can't just be posted here. It's not a hack or anything like that. A macro is a legit function.

Anyway, I tried recording a macro myself, and it just isn't working. It is simply pasting the same time. Here is what I did.

• I added an hotkey for copy time in Express Scribe as Ctrl + 1
  • In Word, I recorded the following steps for a macro:
    - space
    - Ctrl + 1
    - Ctrl + V
    - Tab

I get a timestamp, but it is always the same. It doesn't use the elapsed time. FYI, the hotkey I added in Express Scribe does work. If I just use Ctrl + 1 and Ctrl + V, the timestamp shows up fine in Word. I just can't get it to work in the macro. Please help if you can. It would be so much better if I could do this with one key instead of four.