Insert express scribe timestamp using word macro

binu305

I have developed a word macro for getting time stamp from express scribe using a shortcut. Now a days am trying to develop a macro for playing audiofile in express scribe, when we click a time stamp in MSword. Please help if anybody have any idea..........................

Hi Binu:

This macro would be useful for me when transcribing, can you please send me the macro. Much appreciated.

Thanks, Breeta (worktranscribing@hotmail.com)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have developed a word macro for getting time stamp from express scribe using a shortcut. Now a days am trying to develop a macro for playing audiofile in express scribe, when we click a time stamp in MSword. Please help if anybody have any idea..........................

Thank you for producing this macro. Please send it to me along with instructions on how to use it.

My email: rayambrosi (at) gmail.com

Thank you again! :lol: I look forward to trying it out!

Thank you for producing this macro. Please send it to me along with instructions on how to use it.

My email: rayambrosi (at) gmail.com

Thank you again! :lol: I look forward to trying it out!

I would really appreciate it if you could send me the Word macro for getting time stamps into Word from Express Scribe too please!

Best regards

Please send me your email id. I will send it as soon as possible.

• 2 months later...

I could really use the word macro you made for getting the time stamp from express scribe. If you can, please email it to me. My email address is wtorbett@hotmail.com. I was also wondering if you made any progress with the macro for playing an audiofile in express scribe when you click a time stamp in MSword. Thank you.

I could really use the word macro you made for getting the time stamp from express scribe. If you can, please email it to me. My email address is wtorbett@hotmail.com. I was also wondering if you made any progress with the macro for playing an audiofile in express scribe when you click a time stamp in MSword. Thank you.

Hi there. Good for you for creating that macro!

You get TONS of Kudos from me for sure. I am also very interested and excited to get a copy of the macro you came up with. Would you please send that to me? I will use it for my transcription business as well. Any shortcuts are always appreciated and I use macros in Word all the time.

Thanks,

Roxanna

Email is: roxannathompson@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Sorry I can't help you with your original question, but could you send the MSword macro you created to me as well? It would help a lot. Thanks!

Send it to me on http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=contact&do=Mail&MID=21811

I think someone's playing with us. Why not just post the Macro instead of having people supply their e-mail addresses?

Sounds like a scam.

In any event, to insert timestamps into a Word document, in Express Scribe go to Settings, then select Pedals and Hot Keys. Click Add at the bottom of the box to create a System-wide Hot Key. A Window pops up asking you to press a key. In my version of Express Scribe F1 and F11 are free. I chose F1. Then a Select Command box pops up. Scroll down to Copy Time and select this.

Now, as you play the audio file in Express Scribe, all you have to do is press your Hot Key (F1 for me) at the point where you hear the word you want to time stamp, and then CTRL V to paste it in Word.

Bingo. Two keystrokes and you're pasting timestamps!

• 6 months later...

Hi!

I've been scouting for this sort of macro for days on end now. Could you possibly send me a copy of that macro? It would definitely do wonders for my work process... thanks in advance!!!

c l a r i s s a . c h i u @ y a h o o . c o m . p h

Cheers,

Clarissa

• 3 months later...

Hi there. Good for you for creating that macro!

You get TONS of Kudos from me for sure. I am also very interested and excited to get a copy of the macro you came up with. Would you please send that to me? I will use it for my transcription business as well. Any shortcuts are always appreciated and I use macros in Word all the time.

Thanks,

Roxanna

Email is: roxannathompson@gmail.com

Are you using my time stamp macro ?

I think someone's playing with us. Why not just post the Macro instead of having people supply their e-mail addresses?

Sounds like a scam.

In any event, to insert timestamps into a Word document, in Express Scribe go to Settings, then select Pedals and Hot Keys. Click Add at the bottom of the box to create a System-wide Hot Key. A Window pops up asking you to press a key. In my version of Express Scribe F1 and F11 are free. I chose F1. Then a Select Command box pops up. Scroll down to Copy Time and select this.

Now, as you play the audio file in Express Scribe, all you have to do is press your Hot Key (F1 for me) at the point where you hear the word you want to time stamp, and then CTRL V to paste it in Word.

Please don't abuse me. Am not doing anything to harm you.

I don't want simply put my macro here for public download. If anybody really needs it, they have to ask me with their email id. I don't think anything is unusual in it.

• 1 month later...

... In any event, to insert timestamps into a Word document, in Express Scribe go to Settings, then select Pedals and Hot Keys. Click Add at the bottom of the box to create a System-wide Hot Key. A Window pops up asking you to press a key. In my version of Express Scribe F1 and F11 are free. I chose F1. Then a Select Command box pops up. Scroll down to Copy Time and select this.

I have been doing this for ages. All of a sudden, it's stopped working. Absolutely nothing happens now. I checked the hot-keys, and nothing has changed, so I don't understand why all of a sudden it doesn't work. Any ideas?

TIA

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Binu for the macro. It is working very fine with my ES version 4.05. However, instead of adding this scribe.dot file via Templates and Add-Ins of MS Word by first lowering the security level to medium, one just needs to go and install at C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP. You just need to make an execution file for that. I just simply have to press keys Ctrl+3 to get the time stamp in my MS Word 2003 or press Ctrl+4 to get the word "inaudible" before the time stamp. I just never liked the long time stamp of ES where one would have to use both the mouse and then the keyboard.

Now I am wishfully looking forward to your new macro for playing a dictation in ES when we click a time stamp in MS Word. I am not sure, but this may be like working back to ES. One could highlight the time stamp and copy to clipboard and let ES pick it up from there.

• 5 weeks later...

I have never used a macro before so I would need really detailed instructions on how to put it into word 2007, could you send me your wonderful macro for time stamp. I so look forward to hearing from you please send to HuffConsultants@huffconsultants.org

Again thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi binu.

Good work! I am working as a business transcriptionist.. this macro will definately help me to finish my work more simple and quicker.. i want to insert timestamp more than 20 to 30 times in a ms word.. could you please send me that macro and tell me how to install... once again great work from you.. keep thinking.. all the best.. send that macro to my email id idcparthi@yahoo.co.in ASAP pls.

I have trouble with my Time Codes coming out as 0:00:00.0, and I need them to read 00:00:00.

Can you help me with this please?

I have to go back and change all the time codes in my completed transcript, and this is very time consuming.

Tell me what I need to do to get the formatting of the time codes correct, please.

I'm using HOTKEYS of express scribe to copy the timestamp and then paste it in word 2007 but the format is 0:00:00.0 and I want it in a format like [00:00:00]. Please help me out here.

Thank you very much for reading.

Waiting for reply

REGARDS

my email id is ahmadashfaq@hotmail.com

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Would appreciate if you could please send me a copy of the macro at coolpages@gmail.com Thanks.

Would appreciate if you could please send me a copy of the macro at coolpages@gmail.com Thanks.

Thank you for your interest.

I will send it you today itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...