Multiple external SIP numbers mapping

ofiz

Hi all

This is my first post, so a very brief introduction. We are a provider of virtual offices in London, and use voip to handle all of our voice calls. We are currently using an Asterisk server with a Freepbx frontend running on a Centos box. It is now time to move over to a more user friendly platform so that we can reduce the amount of time we need to spend administering the voip server.

We have about 1000 external DIDs which are delivered to us over sip.

We need to be able to map these externals numbers, so that when a call comes in for a virtual office client, we know how to answer the call. Therefore we need to be able to see which DID is calling at any point in time.

On the Asterisk server, we were able to extract the address info from the incoming sip identity, which was sent to us from our DID provider, so we knew which line was calling. I have tried to replicate this using the Axon server, using a combination of external lines and dialing rules, but with no success.

Are there any ideas as to how we might achieve this inbound call identification?

Many thanks in advance.

John

• 1 year later...

Hi John

Did you get anywhere with this enquiry?

We run a business very similar to yours but in Yorkshire. We have the identical problem, if you have a fix we would be grateful if you could let us know.

Thanks

Nick

Hi all

This is my first post, so a very brief introduction. We are a provider of virtual offices in London, and use voip to handle all of our voice calls. We are currently using an Asterisk server with a Freepbx frontend running on a Centos box. It is now time to move over to a more user friendly platform so that we can reduce the amount of time we need to spend administering the voip server.

We have about 1000 external DIDs which are delivered to us over sip.

We need to be able to map these externals numbers, so that when a call comes in for a virtual office client, we know how to answer the call. Therefore we need to be able to see which DID is calling at any point in time.

On the Asterisk server, we were able to extract the address info from the incoming sip identity, which was sent to us from our DID provider, so we knew which line was calling. I have tried to replicate this using the Axon server, using a combination of external lines and dialing rules, but with no success.

Are there any ideas as to how we might achieve this inbound call identification?

Many thanks in advance.

John