Don't delete files when load, need to reference them

keywest

When ES loads a dct file it either moves it to another location or deletes it. I need to keep the file around for longer than that, is there any way to have the delete operation take place later, maybe at "Done"?

Otherwise, it'd be ok if I knew where the file was moved to so I could ref it there. In this thread

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?show...art=#entry14922

there is mention of a location that ES is supposed to move the files to:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\Scribe\Current\

However for me a least with the current ES nothing is moved there. The dct files how do seem to be converted to wav files, moved, and renamed to my own profile's location parallel to the one mentioned in the thread. It'd be hard/impossible to guess at the renamed files name so this seems like non-solution.

How else can I get at the file after loading?

I'm using the rather sparse command line interface that ES offers. An alternate way to solve the issue I face would be to be able to tell if ES has a dct file loaded, or not. I don't see a way to find that out with the current commands available?

When ES loads a dct file it either moves it to another location or deletes it. I need to keep the file around for longer than that, is there any way to have the delete operation take place later, maybe at "Done"?

Otherwise, it'd be ok if I knew where the file was moved to so I could ref it there. In this thread

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?show...art=#entry14922

there is mention of a location that ES is supposed to move the files to:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\Scribe\Current\

However for me a least with the current ES nothing is moved there. The dct files how do seem to be converted to wav files, moved, and renamed to my own profile's location parallel to the one mentioned in the thread. It'd be hard/impossible to guess at the renamed files name so this seems like non-solution.

How else can I get at the file after loading?

I'm using the rather sparse command line interface that ES offers. An alternate way to solve the issue I face would be to be able to tell if ES has a dct file loaded, or not. I don't see a way to find that out with the current commands available?

Where the completed file is saved is dependent upon your operating system. However, the simplest way to resolve this issue is to use the Recover old files option on the file menu (Ctrl+O). You also need to set the length of time to keep old files on the Settings->Files menu. Set it to 0 if you never want them deleted.

XP Path: The path to the "done" files is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\Scribe\Done\. The *.dct file is parsed to 3 components: the actual wave file, the job data (*.dat file) and the data entered by the user for work type and reference number (*.txt file). You can always search the directory contents for the job number you need and it will show you which file it is. The Recover old files option is much more efficient.

The Path in Vista is different, in one of the "local" folders under the user.

Where the completed file is saved is dependent upon your operating system. However, the simplest way to resolve this issue is to use the Recover old files option on the file menu (Ctrl+O). You also need to set the length of time to keep old files on the Settings->Files menu. Set it to 0 if you never want them deleted.

XP Path: The path to the "done" files is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\Scribe\Done\. The *.dct file is parsed to 3 components: the actual wave file, the job data (*.dat file) and the data entered by the user for work type and reference number (*.txt file). You can always search the directory contents for the job number you need and it will show you which file it is. The Recover old files option is much more efficient.

The Path in Vista is different, in one of the "local" folders under the user.

I need to handle this programmatically so that menu item is not a realistic option.

But anyways I'm not talking about 'Done' files; rather files that have been loaded into the ES list. ES renames, changes to wav, and moves the original dct file. It would be great if there was some way to tie in the job number with the original dct file...I'm not sure how I could derive that programmatically?

What I'm really after is the ability to know if ES has the correct dct file selected in the list. Via the api I can instruct ES to select a file c:\inbox\mydict.dct in the list, but if that file is not in the list, ES has no way to inform me programmatically. If the dct file was still around, or I knew which wav was derivied from the dct, I could test to make sure the file had arrived and thus ought to be in the ES list.