WMA problems

sloanstorm41

Please help! I have read everything and tried everything to get my wma files to play. They will not play on old ES or new ES. They will not play in Windows Media Player (and I have downloaded the 10 version). I have new directx. I have Windows XP on both computers (both will not play it). I finally get it to play and then it sounds like a chipmunk! help please!

Please help! I have read everything and tried everything to get my wma files to play. They will not play on old ES or new ES. They will not play in Windows Media Player (and I have downloaded the 10 version). I have new directx. I have Windows XP on both computers (both will not play it). I finally get it to play and then it sounds like a chipmunk! help please!

If the WMA files won't play in Windows Media player, this is a windows problem and there are problems with the codec files windows requires to play sound. ExpressScribe uses these same files.

You could try going to your control Panel->Add or remove programs->Add/Remove windows components and remove windows media player. Reboot your system, then go to Windows updates and reinstall Windows Media Player. At that point, it SHOULD reinstall the audio codecs needed...but there are lots of things Windows SHOULD do and seems to forget!