Integrate Express Scribe within Microsoft Word

ddggraham

Can anyone please let me know how to integrate Express Scribe with Microsoft Word, maybe with SDK and/or wherein I can put Express Scribe on the tool bar of Microsoft Word. I know maybe I am asking for too much but still if admin can help with in either affirmative and/or negative and can give any idea as to is there any possibility of doing it and for that matter what will be the approach. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone please let me know how to integrate Express Scribe with Microsoft Word, maybe with SDK and/or wherein I can put Express Scribe on the tool bar of Microsoft Word. I know maybe I am asking for too much but still if admin can help with in either affirmative and/or negative and can give any idea as to is there any possibility of doing it and for that matter what will be the approach. Thanks in advance.

This is a 2-step process. First create a macro to launch ExpressSribe with the following code (for XP):

Sub ExpressScribe()

Shell "C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\Scribe\scribe.exe", vbNormalFocus

End Sub

Then you add this macro to one of the toolbar menus or create a new menu just for ExpressScribe.

Remember, macros and toolbars are stored in the template they are associated with. If you are going to distribute this, it should be created in a separate template that the user loads.