Can't load MP3 files

jdbasho

I have used Express Scribe 4.05 on my Macbook Pro running Leopard as recently as January 08. Never had a problem with it. Now, suddenly it cannot load MP3 files -- even the ones I transcribed before. The MP3 files that was still on my Express Scribe List still plays, but when I try to Load another, the files appears "grayed out" like Express Scribe doesn't recognize it as a loadable file. Any suggestions? I love Express Scribe and don't relish the idea of just playing the files in order to transcribe. By the way, the MP3 files play just fine on my system (iTunes loads and plays them).

Thanks for any help!!

PS: I want to add that I can load the file that comes up as the default mp3 when I first choose "load" It's only when I use Browse and try to choose a different file that they are grayed out and not able to be chosen.

PPS: Figured out a work around -- if I right click on the MP3 filename in Finder and "Open With..." Express Scribe, it will open the file. But it doesn't explain why I can open it in Express Scribe directly!

John Dean

Rochester, NY, USA