D/4PCI not working with VRS

rbichon

I am trying to get the Dialogic D/4PCI card working in a Windows 2000 Pro environment. It works perfectly with all of Dialogics sample programs and even works with NCH's other programs but not with VRS. The bar in the channel moves when the line rings, someone picks up, etc. but fails to detect caller-id and start recording. In fact, the message never changes from "VRS Recording System Run". It will record on Voice Activation but still doesn't detect caller-id. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Here is my configuration:

vrs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

My VRS recording setup maybe is similar with yours. I'm using dialogic D/4PCI too. I can record using the voice activated mode and also able to capture the caller id. For your setup please try to configure your dtmf setting by clicking settings/recordings/detect and log DTMF/DTMF Advanced Setting adjust slider to maximum ( try to determine what value will work best for your setup)

The problem I'm having with my setup is that when I play back recorded telephone conversations the sound quality is not acceptable. Some sylables of the spoken words are missing. Example if the voice is suppose to say " for billing press 1" I would hear " for bill... press ...".

Thanks for any help.

Fred

I am trying to get the Dialogic D/4PCI card working in a Windows 2000 Pro environment. It works perfectly with all of Dialogics sample programs and even works with NCH's other programs but not with VRS. The bar in the channel moves when the line rings, someone picks up, etc. but fails to detect caller-id and start recording. In fact, the message never changes from "VRS Recording System Run". It will record on Voice Activation but still doesn't detect caller-id. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Here is my configuration:

vrs.jpg

I will try your suggestion but I don't think it will make a difference. I created a caller-id application in vb.net that uses the same Dialogic TAPI drivers as VRS does. If I run my program, it returns caller-id perfectly. If I then run VRS with voice recording only (no caller-id detection) my program stops returning caller-id on the port that I am recording from. This leads me to believe that there is a limitation with the Dialogic drivers where the TAPI and WAVE drivers cannot access the same port at the same time. What version of Windows are you running including service packs?

Guest Guest

I'm using windows 2000 service pack 4 and used the dialogic driver i recently downloaded from dialogic website ( is it intel now). Tried diferrent combinations testeraday still same problem. Tried different codec, frequency filter, AGC control but it did not help.

I will try your suggestion but I don't think it will make a difference. I created a caller-id application in vb.net that uses the same Dialogic TAPI drivers as VRS does. If I run my program, it returns caller-id perfectly. If I then run VRS with voice recording only (no caller-id detection) my program stops returning caller-id on the port that I am recording from. This leads me to believe that there is a limitation with the Dialogic drivers where the TAPI and WAVE drivers cannot access the same port at the same time. What version of Windows are you running including service packs?

It sounds like you are having a sampling problem. Try going into the WAVE drivers property page and setting the Receive buffer threshold to 1024, click okay to all of the screens, and reboot when it asks you to. I had a similar clipping problem and this solved it. In my case, I noticed that it was only catching the DTMF digits for part of the outgoing phone number.

dialogic-wave.jpg

Also, DTMF is not caller-id and is captured through the wave drivers, not the tapi drivers. The wave drivers work fine for me, it is the tapi drivers that stop functioning. I set the program I wrote to log errors and when the wave drivers are active on a specific port, the tapi drivers give me the error LINEERR_RESOURCEUNAVAIL for the same port. I think the wave drivers lock the line which causes the tapi drivers to fail. If you are truly able to do both, I would like to know your specific setup for vrs, wave, tapi, etc.

Guest Guest

You hit it on the head, I followed what you instructed and it worked pefectly. I guess I also confused the DTMF with the caller id. Same with you, my setup does not record incoming caller id's.

Thanks again for the help.

It sounds like you are having a sampling problem. Try going into the WAVE drivers property page and setting the Receive buffer threshold to 1024, click okay to all of the screens, and reboot when it asks you to. I had a similar clipping problem and this solved it. In my case, I noticed that it was only catching the DTMF digits for part of the outgoing phone number.

dialogic-wave.jpg

Also, DTMF is not caller-id and is captured through the wave drivers, not the tapi drivers. The wave drivers work fine for me, it is the tapi drivers that stop functioning. I set the program I wrote to log errors and when the wave drivers are active on a specific port, the tapi drivers give me the error LINEERR_RESOURCEUNAVAIL for the same port. I think the wave drivers lock the line which causes the tapi drivers to fail. If you are truly able to do both, I would like to know your specific setup for vrs, wave, tapi, etc.