Can't map record button on HTC Touch :( :(

ajg23

Can't map record button on HTC Touch so Pocket dictate is unfortuanately useless. Really want to be able to use this program. Any chance can get it to work with the record button on this platform? (I can run a test program if you want to try to "trap" the buttons and see what happens)

Alternatively, if I could map start and stop to different buttons (not tap-and-hold), I can use AEButtonPlus to map up and down to specific buttons (even virtual buttons) that can be used by PDictate as "start" and "stop"...

Aaron

• 1 month later...
Can't map record button on HTC Touch so Pocket dictate is unfortuanately useless. Really want to be able to use this program. Any chance can get it to work with the record button on this platform? (I can run a test program if you want to try to "trap" the buttons and see what happens)

Same problem here. On my ETEN Glofiish X500, there is a button with a "record" icon but the system settings list it as button 1. However, none of the button settings in Pocket Dictate will do anything aside having the chosen button start the software. Changing the "record" button to button 1 in the options dialog of Pocket Dictate will not allow for activation of recording but only start the Pocket Dictate software itself.

That's a shame, I'd like to purchase Pocket Dicate but won't go with touchscreen buttons only.

Best wishes,

Malte

Same problem here. On my ETEN Glofiish X500[...]That's a shame, I'd like to purchase Pocket Dicate but won't go with touchscreen buttons only.

Yep, looks like it's time to go back to reviewing other recording options...

UNLESS NCH WANTS TO REPLY TO THIS TOPIC!? :rolleyes:

:)

Aaron