unable to record with Wavepad

bassplayer

Hello.

I have Wavepad version 1.10 (Basic Version), which I have used to record files onto my HD for several years now without any problems. A few months ago, the recording function ceased working for no apparent reason.

There is no new hardware on my computer. I have everything connected as before (when it always worked properly). Nothing is improperly muted, and Wavepad is actually receiving from the input device (it shows the volume fluctuations in green & red as always), but it doesn't record.

I am baffled. Any suggestions?

Would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.

[Dear Bassplayer.

What soundcard are you using? And I know this will sound dumbass, and you've prob. tried it anyway - but uninstall Wavepad, do a registry clean and reinstall it. Sometimes that brings about a miraculous cure!

If that doesn't work, you could try the volume settings under Start/All Programs/Accessories/ Entertainment and see if Windows has turned any of them down. I'm no real expert, but I suggest this because I've discovered that Windows Media Player turns the internal wavetable synth off after playing a MIDI file. If WMP can do that, perhaps there's something similar going on here is all I'm thinking!

If those ideas don't work, I'll willingly look up other stuff for you!

Chris.

[Dear Bassplayer.

What soundcard are you using? And I know this will sound dumbass, and you've prob. tried it anyway - but uninstall Wavepad, do a registry clean and reinstall it. Sometimes that brings about a miraculous cure!

If that doesn't work, you could try the volume settings under Start/All Programs/Accessories/ Entertainment and see if Windows has turned any of them down. I'm no real expert, but I suggest this because I've discovered that Windows Media Player turns the internal wavetable synth off after playing a MIDI file. If WMP can do that, perhaps there's something similar going on here is all I'm thinking!

If those ideas don't work, I'll willingly look up other stuff for you!

Chris.

Thank you. I know how to uninstall and re-install it, but how do you do a "registry clean"?

I checked the volumes, and everything seems fine. Nothing is muted either.

That's the strange part -- Wavepad is actually receiving the signal from the input device, as the green to red lines are moving on the recording screen. However, nothing actually records, and there are no "graph" lines in the space beneath, where there should be when it's actually recording.

I've recorded with Wavepad the same way for years, and this just happened a few months ago. I am baffled.

Thanks again.

As you mentioned it does appear that WavePad is receiving the audio correctly. With the latest version of WavePad you need to press the stop button within the recording control window before the "graph" actually appears where it's supposed to.

As you mentioned it does appear that WavePad is receiving the audio correctly. With the latest version of WavePad you need to press the stop button within the recording control window before the "graph" actually appears where it's supposed to.

Yes, I think it's that way with my version, too (1.10). It wouild show the "graph" after I stopped the recording. But, it's not doing it now, and nothing is recording, even though it is receiving the signal. Most annoying.

Thanks.