What am I buying??

duhmedia

Perhaps I am thick but I'm not sure what purchase option for Dial Dictate I should be considering for my needs..

I am an independent transcriptionist for a University. Currently I am still using cassette recordings that are picked up daily. I need to set up a server with 4 inbound phone in my home lines so that the doctors can just call in via phone and record their dictation so I can do the transcription from home (eliminating my 3 hour daily drive).

Here's the question: I am the only one picking up the recordings, do I need to buy the $68.20 Medical Legal user or do I have to buy the $1091.00 site license? The pricing menu is very confusing..

Thanks for any help

RTS

• 1 month later...

You have two options: either each doctor will need to purchase a medical user licence, or you could purchase the site licence (which means your doctors would not need to purchase a licence).

• 7 months later...

I am not very clear on the site license. How will I be able to set up the DD on my secretarial website so clients can call in? I would appreciate a clearer understanding. Do I need to also have the VoIP service in addition to purchasing a DD site license? How does it work? I've done the simulator. Will my regular phone line be able to interface with DD?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

In your situation it is going to be the most economical for each doctor to purchase a license rather than buy the site license. You then setup each doctor with his or her own user id. Your regular phone line can interface with DD but you will need a modem to do so. I would suggest using VOIP instead. We use Inphonex who is a recommend provider of NCH. A single VOIP line will easily be able to accommodate 4 dictators and keep them from getting busy signals.