On Hold Music with SIP

christopherdowns

Hey All,

My 2Talk service is connected into

- NCH AXON Virtual PBX

- NCH On Hold Audio System

- NCH Automated Attendant

When i call my main number the PABX and begins with the on hold music while then plays the main menu, i select an option and go to the NCH Softphone, all is fine

The issue is that when my customers are put on hold they are meant to hear the On Hould Audio system from NCH, instead it is playing the 2Talk On Hold music, This is not what i want to happen

Does anyone have any ideas please im desperate to sort this

2Talk suggested the below

Hi there,

The disable customer music on hold only disables the custom files you have uploaded and instead plays the default 2talk music on hold. The problem here I believe is that your PBX is sending an INVITE to 2talk to initiate music on hold when it probably shouldn't? The only time music on hold can be activated inside 2talk is when the client/PBX tells 2talk to put a user on hold etc. Usually, when somebody has their own PBX and wants to play their own Music on Hold - no message is sent back to 2talk and the call (from 2talk's perspective) is up as normal. Your PBX can then play back to 2talk the Music on Hold you wish to play across the normal voice stream.

This is a tricky one, but I'm sure if we disable Music on Hold completely in this case the caller will hear just silence (not your own Music on Hold). I think the issue needs to be resolved in the signalling between your PBX and 2talk. Contact support@2talk.co.nz and we will try and identify the issue for you and look for resolution.

I'm assuming that the custom music on hold service in 2talk is not feature rich enough for you hence the need to provide this yourself?

Regards,

The team @ 2talk

`

• 1 month later...