Adjust mp3 file Volume?

Guest Dwight Stewart

Guest Dwight Stewart

The volume of several mp3 files, ripped from a CD, are significantly lower than others - low enough to still be soft with the volume on the computer turned all the way up. The volume level of the CD itself is just fine, just as loud as any other CD. Is there any way to adjust volume during the rip process?

Guest Guest
The volume of several mp3 files, ripped from a CD, are significantly lower than others - low enough to still be soft with the volume on the computer turned all the way up. The volume level of the CD itself is just fine, just as loud as any other CD. Is there any way to adjust volume during the rip process?

Well, I'll reply to my own message. I still haven't found a way to adjust the volume within Express Rip itself. However, I'm using the WavePad Sound Editor (also by NCH Swift Sound) to edit the saved mp3 file afterwards. WavePad does have the capability to adjust the volume (either normalize or just adjust). One can quickly launch WavePad from within Express Rip and Express Rip from within WavePad (both programs list other related NCH Swift Sound software to launch under the file menu).

Stewart