SoundTap

Dena

I'm just going nuts. I just purchased this software and can find no help in the way of reading, FAQs, or anything about getting the audio off the DVD, out of the SoundTap window, onto my computer and Express Scribe for transcription of the audio. HELP!

Dena

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I'm just going nuts. I just purchased this software and can find no help in the way of reading, FAQs, or anything about getting the audio off the DVD, out of the SoundTap window, onto my computer and Express Scribe for transcription of the audio. HELP!

Dena

Hi Dena,

:) I suggest you first trying to record music off a CD or off a streaming music channel (like Yahoo Lauchcast-which is free)...be sure to have Sound Tap running first before starting your music.....you need to make sure everything is working fine by doing this.....if you can do this and everything is fine...then start Sound Tap and then start playing your DVD.....Sound Tap functions as a sound recorder...recording anything playing on your computer.....remember...you must have the DVD movie playing on your computer....before starting the record process on Sound Tap....I have used it like this many time before and works great......hope this helps you out.

"Good Luck"

Rickster

• 2 months later...

Dude, there're easier ways to rip audio from DVD files. Much easier ways. Suggest you go to videohelp.com for help on this topic. But let me give you my $.02 guide to Virtual Dub Mod. 1) File-open video file 2) Streams-select stream list 3) Available Streams-select save WAV for WAV audio or select demux to save an MP3. Virtual Dub Mod is free and you'll notice much faster results than real time extraction of audio.