No Sound Whatsoever

Guest Kim Estes

Guest Kim Estes

I have checked and double checked everything...my sound card works fine...my speakers are part of my flat screen monitor...they work with everything else...except this product! Any suggestions? I'm desperate! :angry:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
:( Did you ever fgiure out what the solution was for no sound? I am also running Windows XP on a laptop -- I used to have no problems at all with sound, but after a break of about 2 months, when I got back to work -- no sound! I cannot fogure out what is wrong -- any break-throughs? Please help! :(

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest_John_*
:( Did you ever fgiure out what the solution was for no sound?  I am also running Windows XP on a laptop -- I used to have no problems at all with sound, but after a break of about 2 months, when I got back to work -- no sound!  I cannot fogure out what is wrong -- any break-throughs?  Please help!    :(

Same thing happening here too. Some files play fine but others do not. I am completely lost.

Anybody have any ideas?

• 10 months later...
Make sure that you have selected the correct soundcard in Settings->Playback.

I'm on a Toshiba laptop. I had a problem once that reminds me of this. It drove me crazy trying to figure it out. I checked to make sure all the settings were right, etc., etc., including the sound card. Everything was set right. I finally, more or less accidentally, stumbled on to my solution when attempting to listen to a music CD (thank heaven for CDs). I'm still a little red-faced about it, because it was such a Duh! moment, but my problem was with the volume control scroll wheel on the side of my laptop--it was turned all the way down. You might check that if you haven't already.

• 1 month later...
Same thing happening here too. Some files play fine but others do not. I am completely lost.

Anybody have any ideas?

Hi,

In the event of some files playing and some not, it can be to do with the type of file being played, or simply the file itself.

If there is a slight corruption caused either through sending via email or other means, then Express Scribe might not be able to play it.

You may need to install a piece of software that came with your recorder and then express scribe will borrow that codec to open the file.

In the event that you can open the file in say Media Player, but Scribe won't open it, try downloading the free version of switch from http://www.nch.com.au/switch and then convert the file to a different format. (converting to the same format will most likely work to).

This way if there are any corruptions, or Scribe can't open the file type, when you convert the file, any corruptions should be fixed so that you can then open the file with Scribe.

A.N

• 12 years later...

I am having this same issue.  When I try to play a file in Express Scribe, there is no audio at all.  Audio files that were working fine before all of a sudden quit working.  New files I add to the program don't work either.  All other apps that have sound work fine.  This is maddening as Express Scribe is a program that I have relied on to do my work for years.  I can't find another one that works with a foot pedal that's free.  I don't want to pay for another program as I've already paid for Express Scribe!!