Soundtap craches in Vista ?

fekete

:angry:I get a blue screen of death after soundtap has recorded for a while sound hangs and computer restarts. I have tried to remove sondtap and soundcard drivers and reinstall but I cant repair installation? my version is full 1.34 . New computer realtek soundcard :angry::angry:

I'll pass this on to the developers for you. What version of Vista are you using? Is it under a limited account? How long does it take for these symptoms to start occurring? What are you doing when they do occur?

:mellow: I use Vista Home Premium editon 32 bit. Vista was included with my new computer. I can record 30 -max 60 minutes leaving the alone for recording. (Radio Windows mediaplayer 10). when i´m jump in the streaming aduio tranferring using the media player controls the computer crasches. I´m used to solve computer problems such as remove and reinstall turn things off etc. I tried all of that cind of things.

• 3 weeks later...

Im getting similar problems. I think it has something to do with WMP on vista, whichever version it would be. It seems like when the Soundtap driver is enabled, if I try to listen to anything in WMP it wont work, and when I go to exit it, it will blue screen me. It was even so severe the first time I did it, when I rebooted, it said that my copy of Vista was not registered and I had to go through and RE validate the OS. Definitely not what I was getting into.

Also, I tried, but only briefly for fear of system crash again, to record something from iTunes, and it did not seem to work.

I think the problem is that Soundtap binds itself to the sound card driver in vista, when you try to close a web page that is streaming the audio it stops the sound card driver unexpectedly and causes the crash, I would think that the developers could kill that link between the stream and the windows hardware layer....If there is some sort of fix or patch that could be added to the software for Vista that would be nice since I have paid for this software....

Nice concept just this bug will drive you nuts when you have to reboot the pc continuously...

BTW, i am using Vista Ultimate as my OS

I think the problem is that Soundtap binds itself to the sound card driver in vista, when you try to close a web page that is streaming the audio it stops the sound card driver unexpectedly and causes the crash, I would think that the developers could kill that link between the stream and the windows hardware layer....If there is some sort of fix or patch that could be added to the software for Vista that would be nice since I have paid for this software....

Nice concept just this bug will drive you nuts when you have to reboot the pc continuously...

BTW, i am using Vista Ultimate as my OS

Just as long as yours doesnt crash as hard as mine did...

• 3 weeks later...
:angry:I get a blue screen of death after soundtap has recorded for a while sound hangs and computer restarts. I have tried to remove sondtap and soundcard drivers and reinstall but I cant repair installation? my version is full 1.34 . New computer realtek soundcard :angry::angry:

Same here. :( It started happening when I upgraded to the latest version. <_< Had no prob's with the other. :blink: Now my computer crashes everytime I stop the stream abruptly. It's annoying. <_< I want my money back :angry: But much rather have a WORKING version of the software - :unsure: - or a VISTA service pack that fixes the prob - :blink: - whichever comes first.

Same here. :( It started happening when I upgraded to the latest version. <_< Had no prob's with the other. :blink: Now my computer crashes everytime I stop the stream abruptly. It's annoying. <_< I want my money back :angry: But much rather have a WORKING version of the software - :unsure: - or a VISTA service pack that fixes the prob - :blink: - whichever comes first.

I downloaded the trial version. When I stop the internet page with the audio stream, my computer too, crashes (Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit, Realtek HD audio, WMP 11). So I decided to wait for buying it.Does anyone know good alternatives?

• 1 month later...

Shoulda read this forum first, I BOUGHT the thing and am having all these same blue screen crashes in a Dell 1525 with 2 GB memory and Vista Home Premium. HEY NCH, this has been going on since November? Where is the fix?

• 3 weeks later...

:angry:

Shoulda read this forum first, I BOUGHT the thing and am having all these same blue screen crashes in a Dell 1525 with 2 GB memory and Vista Home Premium. HEY NCH, this has been going on since November? Where is the fix?

Same problems here. New computer with Vista Premium. RealTek card. Blue screen every time.

How can we get our money back?

Letting this software out is truly unprofessional.

Come back when it works.

• 2 weeks later...
:angry:

Same problems here. New computer with Vista Premium. RealTek card. Blue screen every time.

How can we get our money back?

Letting this software out is truly unprofessional.

Come back when it works.

:blink:

I've got the same problem. New Sony vista machine which crashes frequently using soundtap! Every quarter of an hour! Don't dare to use it anymore. Grrrr... Agree with others that i should have read forum first before buying product. I hope NCH will fix the problem soon.

:angry: It's not just Vista, I have windows XP home edition and crashes also, not to mention i havent been able to get rid of the female voice recording saying i need to purchase the damn software which i have full version 1.34. What upsets me the most is the lousy customer service, wait let me correct myself THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! HOW CAN WE GET OUR MONEY BACK. Ive even tried to purchase the technical support and it asks me to also purchase the software again and not stupid to do that again. I'll be sure not to recomend this software to anyone

Hi thanks for your information on the technical support. I was wondering whether they might have a solution which was not on the forum. Seems rather stupid to suggest to buy the program again if so many people are encountering these problems. Based on your information I can skip that option!

Me too. Closing or stopping streaming audio in browser instantly crashes Vista. Soundtap makes an excellent recording but the constant crashing/rebooting is unacceptable. Id buy it instantly if they can soleve that bug. NCH SwiftSound - Are you listening?

:( Well, I just learned a valuable lesson. Read the forums before you buy something. I purchased SoundTap about 2 hours ago after listening to the demo. I really liked the quality & the 50% off deal through the end of Mar too. I never realized I clicked the option for their silver level (suspect it was the default on purpose??), so I just got charged an extra $8. Like many of you, I'm running Vista (Ultimate) & my system has already BSOD 4 times. I thought I was figuring a work around by making sure I closed SoundTap BEFORE stopping a stream, but it crashes that way too. I did manage to record 1.5 hours before it locked up. When I tried to shut down the stream & restart it - my computer crashed again. If I had read the info on their various "Paid Techinical Support Plans" I probably wouldn't have bought this product because their policy is NOT customer focused. I've sent a bug report in, but if I don't hear back from Tech support with a very good solution, I'll contact my credit card company to put a hold on the charge. :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Again: same here (Vista SP1 Ultimate). :angry:DOES THIS REALY MEAN THIS TOPIC IS OPEN SINCE NOVEMBER 2007 AND STILL IS NOT SOLVED? ? ? ?

Also I have no clue when Soundtap will or will not work with which settings. It seems to change every time. Even a reboot, after which I start Soundtap first gives no predictable results.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just released version 1.40 of soundtap. It includes a much more stable driver which is built to run on Vista and should eliminate blue screen issues for Vista users. If anyone experiences blue screens then please contact NCH through the standard support channels.

• 2 weeks later...
I have just released version 1.40 of soundtap. It includes a much more stable driver which is built to run on Vista and should eliminate blue screen issues for Vista users. If anyone experiences blue screens then please contact NCH through the standard support channels.

Ben, will this be a free upgrade due to the blue screen issues? I hope so.

I purchased Sound Tap about 4 months ago and used it without any issues whatsoever until about t week ago, and loved it. (I'm using Vista Home Premium) Now it's totally unusable; every time I use it, it crashes the system, forcing a reboot. Also, what recording I do get is corrupted with many echoes, and the speakers will not play the sound while recording like it used to. In nutshell, multiple problems started all at once. (Maybe I got a Vista update since the last time I used Sound Tap without any problems? I don't know.)

I see a couple of references to free upgrades on the websites, but I'm unclear on company policy regarding this. Can you help?

• 1 month later...

I was very happy using version 1.25, although simple it is very efficient and effective. Due to a migration to Vista I needed to install it again. I couldn't find it anymore. Figured I would download it again. So I bought it for the second time. Even with the newest (free) version of which we were informed I still get blue screens of death. So after being frustrated for a while, I searched and searched and re-found my 1.25 version including registration code. This morning I figured: let's try that one again... The installation did not go smoothly, but, you know what?

It works!. It does the job.

Recap:

So I bought a new version (stupid me) that didn't work on Vista (what was I thinking?!)

I get a fixed new version for free (didn't need to change the registration code, it still remembered it)

I install the fixed new version that apparently didn't fix the problem (blue screens of death and some rebooting)

And finally I regressed to version 1.25 which does the job.

Shouldn't we all (NCH included) just regress back to 1.25?

Can NCH give Bill Gates a call while he's still around?

• 2 weeks later...

I had problems using SOUND TAP with VISTA HOME PREMIUM but found it worked normally by using the following procedure.

1) Right click on the loudspeaker icon in the bottom righthand corner of the screen(ie the start up loaders)

2) left click on the 'Playback Devices'

3) Make 'Sound Tap' the temporary default

4) Record from the URL as with XP

5) Redo 1) & 2)

6) Reset 'Speakers' [top item of pad] as default

• 11 months later...