Display from where incomming line is transfered

KevinC

If a incomming call is picked up by IVM and after a few OGMs and selections is tranfered to an extention, the extention doesn't now what that person on the incomming line has chosen. Unless every option in the IVM transfers to a different extension.

So my thought is to transfert every option to a different extension (ex 111 which is never available), and then is transfert to one or more real extensions (ex 222). These real extentions must then show a message: CallerID AND "call transferd from ext111.

Does my explenation make any sence?

Thanks,

Kevin

I really can't see a way of doing this with Axon. I know there are some other PBX systems support a 'CID prefix' feature for different call groups (perhaps I should put this in suggested features).

There are only two possible ways I can think of checking what kind of call is coming in:

A: The logging method

B: The theoretical probably not working method

A: There is an option for OGMs to log the call. You can log the call for example with <br>SALES CALL FROM %cid% @ %time%<br> to a file called logcall.html. Now the file can be opened in a web browser. If you then set-up a web server such as Apache or Abyss, the other computers on your network can then access the page. Then on an incoming call, a person can goto/refresh the page and view what type of incoming call it is. Each OGM would have the same set-up but with different call type (e.g. support, billing, etc.). This is obviously not the preferred solution, but it is workable.

B: I'm trying to think whether it's possible to write to variables like %cid%. For example if it was possible to overwrite the variable with something like SALES, perhaps when the call is transferred it will send the caller ID as SALES. I haven't tested if it's possible to write to the built-in variables but if you could and if the variable is passed on as the CID on a call transfer.. then that could be a potential solution, but in all likely hood this won't work.

• 3 years later...

Bump!

I don't know how identify calls from many DIDs to the same extension.

I'm really worried about this. (Think it would be an AXON PBX feature). Other PBX has this option, "prefixID:CallID". It would be "Sales:934334243" for example.

A: There is an option for OGMs to log the call. You can log the call for example with <br>SALES CALL FROM %cid% @ %time%<br> to a file called logcall.html. Now the file can be opened in a web browser. If you then set-up a web server such as Apache or Abyss, the other computers on your network can then access the page. Then on an incoming call, a person can goto/refresh the page and view what type of incoming call it is. Each OGM would have the same set-up but with different call type (e.g. support, billing, etc.). This is obviously not the preferred solution, but it is workable.

Ok it's a possible solution, but this post is from November 2007, is there any upgrade or a better solution since that time?

S!