Some basic questions

aylag

I am very new to NCH/Recordpad and have a few starter questions, hoping someone here can help me. I am using it to record Cassettes, using the ION Tape 2PC device.

1. It seems to be recording ok, but I can't hear what is being record as its recording. How can I fix this?

2. Is there away to have it stop recording when the Cassette comes to an end, or if there is a long silance?

1) This is a Windows option, you need to go into your sound settings (double click on the speaker icon in your system tray), go to properties and enable your microphone (or line in, whatever you wish to hear). Now simply unmute it and you will be able to hear the input.

2) You can enable the Voice Activate Level within RecordPad, this will start/stop the recording depending on the signal strength. You could also use Golden Records, which has specifically been designed for recording Cassette Tapes.

Thanks for your reply.

But it didn't solve the problem. In all applications including other recording programs I hear what is being played/recorded, but this does not work when I'm using one of these products.

I am using a Thinkpad (laptop) and there are the built in speakers/mic as well as some externals usb speaker/mic, and also the cassette deck that is attached via a usb as well.

1) This is a Windows option, you need to go into your sound settings (double click on the speaker icon in your system tray), go to properties and enable your microphone (or line in, whatever you wish to hear). Now simply unmute it and you will be able to hear the input.

2) You can enable the Voice Activate Level within RecordPad, this will start/stop the recording depending on the signal strength. You could also use Golden Records, which has specifically been designed for recording Cassette Tapes.