.wav output not recognized in Matlab

rationalgaze

Hi,

I have some .wav files recorded at 24-bit A/D resolution from ProTools software. I am able to load these files into Matlab with no issues. I am also able to play them back through Windows Media Player (required a special codec for this). I am able to load these files into WavePad and edit them, but when I save them back out they are no longer recognized by Matlab (it throws a bunch of error messages along the lines of "unrecognized file format"). Even if I load the original 24-bit .wav file into WavePad and just save it back out to .wav with no edits, the resulting file is still not recognized by Matlab. The output from WavePad is recognized and playable in WMP, however. Currently I am baffled - any advice on things to try to get around this issue?

Thanks,

- Tom H.

WavePad v3.05 was only designed to handle 16-bit wav files. Compare the two files (the original and the WavePad one) and see if they differ in size or attributes (you can right click on the files and select properties, then use the Summary tab and the Advanced>> button.