Audio Recorded Choppy!!!

itm4l

Hi i have vrs trial and i was hoping to buy a license though ive been having a problem that isnt being fixed! as much as i try

im running it on a dual core 1.73Ghz with 1 GB ram and nothing out of the ordinary running in the background!

when im near the computer it records my bluetooth without a problem though the second i leave and i go over the recorded files

i find choppy audio on most files!! any ideas what is going on??? i was thinking of purchasing because its being used for a volounteer emergency Medical Service!

I NEED HELP ASAP!! im already looking into other programs though i really want this to work.

So what are you recording from? How have you got this setup in VRS?

If you're recording from bluetooth, and this device is on you, it's likely that you go to far away for your computer to pick up the complete audio signal, which is resulting in the choppy audio.

Do you have any other programs/tasks running on the computer at the same time? It may be that these are bumping the VRS out of the CPU and hence making it unable to record all the audio. Try increasing the priority of VRS and see if this makes any difference. CTRL+ALT+DELETE -> VRS.exe (do it for both) -> Right Click -> Set Priority -> High.

I had this problem. 0.1 secs worth of audio will chop at random times of the recording, ie at one point it may have this 2 or 3 times times in a few seconds, other times it will be ok for 45 seconds. Check the latest device drivers for your sound card, and don't trust the manufacturers website for the latest sound card driver. Perhaps you can post up the model of sound card, and the driver version and someone can check if its current? To check these details click Start> Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Device Manager. Expand Sound Video and Game Controllers. There should be something called SoundMax, Creative, C-Media etc. Double Click this, click the "driver" tab and check the date and version.

Other probs: Are you using VOX to determine recording? Perhaps the input levels are low. Also if running multiple sound cards, make sure they are using different interrupt channels. Also is there any virus protection or anti spyware on this computer? It may be wise to get a $300 dedicated computer not connected to the net for this task