express dictate loads old files

patperan

I have been using express dictate for over 2 years. I have purchased Dial Dictate and send those files via express delegate, but i have some users who use a digital recorder. when I upload the files from the digital recorder to the computer and then load them from the folder on my computer and send to transcriptionist, the file numbers chronologically are correct. Those are the numbers that were downloaded from the recorder. However, if you listen to the files, they are exact duplicates of different file numbers that were sent over a week ago, but those files had a different voice file number. Luckily, the software (philips) automatically backs up the digital files i uploaded to the computer or else these files would be overwritten somehow. Has anyone had this problem. I have 3 other users with no such issue. It is like when i am loading them into express dictate from the folder that the number file is replaced with an older one already sent. Very frustrating.

What version of Express Dictate are you using? A new version was released yesterday, see if you are still experiencing problems with this version.

What version of Express Dictate are you using? A new version was released yesterday, see if you are still experiencing problems with this version.

i am using an old version (4.3) and would love to upgrade but with 15 licenses with my dial dictate and to upgrade all of these would be very expensive. After putting out the money for Dial Dictate, I don't feel because there was an upgrade there should be a fee. When I bought Dial Dictate, I thought all future upgrades would be included. If I have to pay an upgrade fee, because of the program's shortcomings, if i am going to upgrade with a fee, I might opt to use a different program.

• 7 months later...
i am using an old version (4.3) and would love to upgrade but with 15 licenses with my dial dictate and to upgrade all of these would be very expensive. After putting out the money for Dial Dictate, I don't feel because there was an upgrade there should be a fee. When I bought Dial Dictate, I thought all future upgrades would be included. If I have to pay an upgrade fee, because of the program's shortcomings, if i am going to upgrade with a fee, I might opt to use a different program.

Hello,

We are having the exact same problem... Please don't tell us to upgrade since our version is a specific built, so upgrading would mean paying a new development. And we have been using our specific version (based on V4.13) only since few months, so we are not ready to pay a new development each 6 months!

It is simply impossible to work correctly with ED if the dictations are replaced by old ones!

Please help us on that point; it is a serious problem as you can imagine; clients are really loosing patience...

Thank you,

• 1 year later...

we had a problem with a site that when the typists received a dictation the "file name" was for the correct patient but the actual dictation was from a patient that had been dictated some time earlier.

After a fair bit of searching we found that the "dictating person" C drive folder wasn't clearing all the old dictations, even though they were set to be removed after 3 days. this caused the file to overload with dictations and once the 200mb file limit was met

The fie names and the dictations became mixed up when sent onto the typists.

A simple solution is to manually delete the "old" files in the "dictating persons" folder > the auto deleting seems to only work on a sporadic basis.

At least we now have a solution to this problem and know what was happening so i thought we should let you know.

• 3 months later...

What 200MB file limit are you referring to?

Hello,

Vdictate, thank you for your post, but how do you manage the problem on a daily basis : the manual deleting of the old files as to be done every day to make sure the bug does not reappear ?

In answer to NCHDL, the 200MB limit is one of Express Dictate's option : when you choose how long do you want the software to keep sent files (you enter a number of days), you can choose the limit of free space remaining on your computer under which you want to be alerted (and the default setting is on 200MB).

I think it is an important point (auto deleting of old files failing) for NCH team to work on in order to correct this bug ; would you have the kindness of keeping us informed ? Thank you very much