Variables values are not re-assignable

buddbrother

Hi. I've been having trouble assigning another value to a variable after assigning a different value earlier in the call in IVM.

I have one application where I want to loop through a select number of OGMs for a certain number of times, but when I try to increase the value of a variable, it says it has been increased in the log window, but IVM doesn't treat it like it has been when I call the variable again. It uses the original value.

Is there a way to either correct this or to reset a variable at the beginning of an OGM so that it's like I never used it in that call?

Thanks,

buddbrother

Try using the increased variable in a new OGM, not the one that did the increasing.

Thanks for your reply. In fact, I am doing this very thing in a different OGM. I should probably mention that I am increasing the variable values using the genfunc.exe plugin, this may be important. Are there other ways to do it, command line or something? I set the value in one OGM. In another OGM I can increase the value using genfunc and then assign the value to another variable name. However, if I try to reassign it to a variable name that already has a value, it isn't treated like it has been changed.

Thanks!

unfortunatley buddbrother is right .

I've tried nchto's solution but it is not working

Try this , on OGM 1 make local call variable named test and assign value initialValue to it.

then go to OGM 2. On ogm 2 , set the variable to secondValue and go to OGM 3. On ogm 3 , do not do anything just goto ogm %test%.

Unfortunatley test will have the first assigned value (that is initialValue for the current sample). In our sample should have tried to open secondValue ogm but is trying to open initialValue ogm . I think you got it. Why i am pressing on this , because we allready have a licence for IVM 4.01 and we want to buy a new one but we cannot use it unless we can reasign variables. We've created nice things with IVM but this functionality is an absolut MUST for us. Can you NCH guys check this out ? Thank you very mutch.

unfortunatley buddbrother is right .

I've tried nchto's solution but it is not working

Try this , on OGM 1 make local call variable named test and assign value initialValue to it.

then go to OGM 2. On ogm 2 , set the variable to secondValue and go to OGM 3. On ogm 3 , do not do anything just goto ogm %test%.

Unfortunatley test will have the first assigned value (that is initialValue for the current sample). In our sample should have tried to open secondValue ogm but is trying to open initialValue ogm . I think you got it. Why i am pressing on this , because we allready have a licence for IVM 4.01 and we want to buy a new one but we cannot use it unless we can reasign variables. We've created nice things with IVM but this functionality is an absolut MUST for us. Can you NCH guys check this out ? Thank you very mutch.

I have just noticed the same thing. I have a login variable based on if they entered valid information. If they fail on the first try, they can not get in unless they hang up and call again. This is a huge problem.

I am relieved that I am not the only one having this problem. threinen hit the problem exactly because I want to have an OGM repeated until a userid or password is correct.

The only solution that I have come up with is duplicating the 2nd OGM and upon failure of correct data entry, sending the caller to the duplicate that has new variable names and tests with those new names.

The problem with this approach is that it then becomes difficult to know which variable name to refer to (if for instance I wanted to recall the value of userid) in later OGMs. You can solve that by having duplicates of that OGM as well, but then the number of OGMs gets exponentially higher.

If a solution to the variable problem exists, I would love to know it!

Thanks everyone so far!

• 3 weeks later...

cipi,

I have decided to e-mail NCH using some of my purchased support to try and find an answer.

I have been in contact with someone, but haven't heard from him in a couple of days regarding a solution. If and when I learn of a solution, I will surely post it!

Thanks!

buddbrother

cipi,

I have decided to e-mail NCH using some of my purchased support to try and find an answer.

I have been in contact with someone, but haven't heard from him in a couple of days regarding a solution. If and when I learn of a solution, I will surely post it!

Thanks!

buddbrother

Thanks buddbrother,

I love IVM, it's a great product !, but without variables I can't use it....

I hope they solve the problem as soon as possible....

cipi

cipi,

Thanks!

buddbrother

Hello guys , i can provide you with my solution. I bought a license for 4.03 and used that same license to activate an instance of the 4.01 software(this version does not have the problem).

Hope it helps!