uplink axon sip setup

tlak83

:rolleyes:

things to remmember before you start is that for everything i will use the names stated here if by any reason you change any of those names or numbers make sure their setup the same way in every step that needs that name and or number names and numbers used are very important if yhou change them pay attention to what you do

so here we go

1. gather

- uplink

- axon http://www.nch.com.au/pbx/pbxsetup.exe

- ivm ansering machine http://www.nch.com.au/ivm/ivmsetup.exe

- sip device or softphone

- skype 3.0.0.218 wich you can get from http://download.oldversion.com/skype300218.exe

- setup 2 free accounts at any sip service provider ( this is optional but if the sip phone that you want to ring is in a remote computer youre better off doing it )

2. start fresh so you know the setup and there wont be no bugs so if any of the programs mentioned above are already installed just uninstall them and you will get no problems

3. install skype and login as usual

4. install axon

5. setup axon you can get it from here http://www.nch.com.au/pbx/pbxsetup.exe

run setup when prompted to install aditional software uncheck everything you will intall everything manually as needed i found it better to be done that way

when prompted for extensions needed select only 3 you will need more but 3 will be enough to get an understanding

when asked if you want to open web control just say yes

login to the control panel

click on extensions and leave only the extensions 101 and 198 delete the rest

click on external lines and leave only Uplink Sip To Skype delete the rest

click on dialing plans and delete every single dialing plan thats already setup

click on groups and delete every single group thats already setup

click on dialing plans and setup a dialing plan called skype2sip then save

setup the following dialing rules

If number starts with: 9

->Remove digits: 1

->Prepend: +52 the 52 should be changed to what ever your country code is for us and canada just use +1

->Dial On Line: Uplink Sip To Skype

If number starts with: 8

->Prepend: +521 the 521 should be changed to what ever your country code is then i added the one since is needed for me to call cellphones so if you live in mexico you can use the same setup if you dont need any special number to dial a cellphone the dont add an extra rule

If number starts with: 7

->Prepend: leave this blank

( this one will be used to call skype contacts by their user name like joe123 )

If number starts with: 2

->Dial On Line: voipclient

( make sure you use voipclient on this one or your sip wont ring when skype calls in

If number starts with: 1

->Remove digits:

->Dial On Line: [Extension]

( make sure you use [Extension] on this one or it wont work at all

setup an extension

Extension ID (or User Name): uplink

Display Name: Uplink Sip To Skype

Password: 123456

uncheck the rest of the boxes

the rest of the extensions will be for your contacts im going to put an examp[le for skype id joe123 if you setup an extension for a tel number use the proper dialing rule

Extension ID (or User Name): 101

Display Name: joe's skype ( this name could be anything

Password: 123456

voicemail unchecked

Transfer if Not Answered checked

Transfer to Number: 7joe123 ( joe123 is skypes id )

Time before transfer (seconds): 0

Call Recorder this is up to you

for any other contact change the setting acordingly

Transfer to Number: acording to dialing rules

Time before transfer (seconds): should always be 0

Outbound Dialing Plan: should always be skype2sip unless you have another set of rules

voicemail should always be unchecked

go to the external lines tab

you only need 2 external lines

setup an external line ( Line Name Uplink Sip To Skype , ID or User Name uplink password whatever you prefer Incoming Calls Ring on Extension or Group uplink )

setup an external line ( Line Name voip2 , ID or User Name this should be what ever you sip provider gave you password this should be what ever you sip provider gave you Incoming Calls Ring on Extension or Group 198 )

axon is done

6. setup your sip adapter or softphone

i use a sip adapter wich is on a location other than where axon is running so i have 2 sip accounts with the same provider

if you dont have 2 sip accounts and still want to use this methode then just add another external line to axon and setup your softphone with those settins

if you go for the 2 sip accounts make sure their from the same provider or have peering with each other one sip account will be in your sip adapter or softphone and the other will be running in axon and will be the voip2 external line created in axon last step so make sure you use the proper settins on the voip2 external line that was created in axon in the last step

so now since my setup for my sip adapter has a 101651 number i will use this for the rest of the document so change that as necessary

7. download and install ivm

here is the download link

http://www.nch.com.au/ivm/ivmsetup.exe

run the setup

when prompted for additional software to install uncheck the boxes dont install any additonal software if you need those install them, later get this to work then attach something else

after it loads click on settings then telephony

you can remove the mail account unless you want to uise it but leave the voip call attendant

click ok

click ogm

delete all entrys in ogm

add new entry and name it transfers

click change message audio and record what ever message you want i used dial the extension number but you can use what ever you like

click on key response

here im just going to put an example of key 1

press 1... from the drop down menu select transfer

number should be set to the extension number that you created in axon for this case we put 101 wich is ouir skype contact joe123

transfer method blind

you will do the same for every number you want to add to the ogm extensions make sure to also add an extension in axon for every number

i know your limited to setup only 12 key responses now i would not recomend you to use the # and * since you can setup the key # to open another ogm file wich will give you the ability to setup another 10 numbers and you could use * to go back to a previous ogm

after you have setup everything if you need some personal adjustments just make them after everything is working correctly and as you add something verify it works so you dont leave errors everywhere in youre setup and their impossible to find

8. download and setup uplink

download uplink from here http://www.nch.com.au/skypetosip/uplinksetup.exe

run the setup program

dont install any additional software

if additional software is needed add it after this setup is working properly

once uplink is up it will give you several errors thats ok

click options

change when skype calls sip dial the following number

0101651 this is my sip account as mentioned above so this should be set to what ever your sip number is just add a 2 before it make sure the 2 is there since the dial rules say if starts with 2 will call you sip device or softphone

click on account

change the password to whatever you have set on axon for the uplink extension

click on the network tab

uncheck all boxes on the network tab

it will must likely give you errors so you must close uplink completely

after closing it and while is still closed open skype

sign in

go to options privacy

manage other programs amke sure that box doesnt have anything on it

close the options on skype and fire up uplink

if everything goes well uplink will show no errors

make sure you give uplink permision to use skype

then go back to skype options audio and make sure everything is set to use uplink

9. time to test

if everything went well you should be able to make and receive calls through your sip adapter or soft phone using skype and the calls received on skype should ring on your sip adapter or softphone if it doesnt post your problem here and i will try to help you get it working

:lol::rolleyes::P

bugs that i've seen using this method

1. sometimes even when uplink tells you that it succesfully ataches to skype it doesnt to make it work just shut it of then start skype then uplink

that should take care of the problem if it doesnt remove uplink from the manage other aplications in skype privacy options then shut off uplink start skype then uplink

2. sometimes the ogm wont send the message causing the transfer to fail

fix. just open ivm click on it then it will start working again

i think it does that when many of the transfered calls are not answered

then it might also be that 5 calls limit in the setup of the line i guess i will try with 99 and see what happens

i will let you know of any results on that or if you find the reason why please let me know

3. when a call is made through the sip device or softphone the call is transfered to skype and skype starts dialing but if i hang up the phone skype will keep on dialing

i havent found a fix for this so if you find it please post it here

if you see any other bugs please list them here and if the solution was found post it also

:lol: