Problems converting dss files to wav files

rokahelm

I have used Switch in the past to convert my dss files to wav files using the Sony Digital Voice Editor software and it has always worked, however I recently downloaded it to a different computer with Windows XP and cannot get it to work at all. I keep getting an error message saying that Switch converter crashed and will still try to convert the file, however, it may not convert properly, and then it never does. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and also trying it on yet another computer with Windows XP and same thing. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your quick response, however, I did as you said and still the same problem - error message saying the dss coder has crashed. Any other suggestions. I am really confused as to why this would be a problem on 3 different computers.

Thanks for your quick response, however, I did as you said and still the same problem - error message saying the dss coder has crashed. Any other suggestions. I am really confused as to why this would be a problem on 3 different computers.

Thanks. The digital recorder being used is an older Olympus model and they are recording in SP mode, I've already checked witih them on that. I have also had them resend the file to me and still not working. I have not had this problem in the past. I also am not able to play the file at ALL on my new laptop with Vista.

I, too, have been unable to convert DSS to wav or to mp3 using Switch Plus. I have tried it on both XP and Vista machines. There is no error message. A file is created that is 1K or 2K in size that is clearly too small, and it doesn't play. The DSS files have been recorded in SP mode. I tried the DSS component suggested in a previous post. No luck.

Hi. Same problem here. Switch V1.12 converts DSS to WAV without any problems (we run it from the command line) but as soon as we upgrade to V1.29 it stops working and only gives a tiny destination file. If we re-run using V1.12, it still works fine...

This seems to be a different issue from before, I can confirm that DSS is broken in the latest version of Switch. The developers know about this issue and will be releasing a new version shortly!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

Just purchased Switch v1.29and I'm having exactly this problem (the 1K .wav file) problem with DSS files from an old Olympus recorder. My previous free download of Switch worked fine :( Is there any hope of progress on this problem?

Steve

• 3 months later...
Hi

Just purchased Switch v1.29and I'm having exactly this problem (the 1K .wav file) problem with DSS files from an old Olympus recorder. My previous free download of Switch worked fine :( Is there any hope of progress on this problem?

Steve

Same problem here - and it's now March 2008... Wish I'd read the forum before buying the product :-(

• 3 weeks later...
Same problem here - and it's now March 2008... Wish I'd read the forum before buying the product :-(

I am having the same issue. Please provide news on status of the fix and/or how to obtain a refund, or revert back to the old "working" version of the software.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nchgb

I believe the latest version of Switch has been corrected, and should have been functional for some time now. What version are you using? You can often find older versions through Google.