Several licences on the same computer ?

ema

Hello,

I know that each single user must have his or her licence; but in my case, I have several users all using the same computer, but I would like to have specific settings for each of them. My question is: is it possible to have 10 or more Dictate licences on a same computer?

Thank you for your answers,

Regards,

Yes it is. Simply create logins for the multiple users on the computer (Windows Control Panel -> User Accounts) and then each will have their own settings and license.

Hello,

Thank you for your answers. I actually knew about the fact that we could have specific settings for each user by creating different Windows user accounts, but in my case, I would rather avoid creating different Windows user accounts.

So actually, my question is : is it possible to have several licences on the same computer (i.e. in the same Windows user account) ? Each of my 10 users would therefore have their own shortcut on the Desk, redirecting to their own Express Dictate... Do you think it is possible ?

Thx,

No, the settings for Express Dictate are stored in the Windows user account. You cannot apply more than one license per account, doing so would override the previous.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
OK, thank you for your answer

Would multiple installations to multiple directories work? I'm not sure where the license files get stored but as long as it's in the instalation dorectory it might work. but if someone knows exactly where this info gets stored it might work.

OR if it's a registry key you would always write a script that updated the registry with the correct license infomration then launch the program after the registry change is made. Either way it wouldn't be as simple as differnt user accounts.