Pause / Resume Playback does not work

bookman

Active Command : Pause / Resume Playback

When this command is selected during playback, playback is paused until it is selected again.

Has anyone tried this command ?

Commands like Pause, Rewind/Fast-Forward work pretty well in the simulator.

However, when it comes to a real VOIP line, I can see Pause being detected when the Key Response is detected as seen from the real-time log panel at the bottom half of the program interface, but the MP3 file continues to play. And if I press the Key (in this case 5) associated with Pause /Resume Playback a couple of more times, I actually end up with a Repeat OGM.

The funny thing is that all the other Key presses are properly detected and the Active Commands executed accordingly.

It is just the Pause /Resume Playback not responding and this is so even if I assign 6, 7, 8 etc and change the Pause time.

Has anyone experienced this problem ? I'm testing IVM 4.03

Hmm, No one here uses the Pause / Resume command at all right now ?

Could some kind soul just give it a try and let us know if it works and which version of IVM you use.

I am testing 4.03 with Windows XP Pro. Would appreciate if you also indicate if the line you are using for receiving call through IVM is a landline number or a VOIP (SIP) number.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I can confirm that this is an issue with the latest version of IVM (v4.03) and SIP calls. I've passed all the information on to the developers, so it should be fixed in the next release.

I can confirm that this is an issue with the latest version of IVM (v4.03) and SIP calls. I've passed all the information on to the developers, so it should be fixed in the next release.

May I ask when we can expect the next release.

The developers are trying to get it out as fast as possible, but they won't give me an exact date. I believe it's almost through testing.

• 3 months later...
The developers are trying to get it out as fast as possible, but they won't give me an exact date. I believe it's almost through testing.

It has been a while since I last looked at this Pause/Resume problem in IVM 4.03.

I noticed that IVM 4.04 and IVM 4.05 has been released.

I tried both versions on a new machine with an SIP line and noticed that the Pause/Resume sort of works but rather inconsistently. Other functions that I tried work flawlessly with the SIP line.

When I hit the Pause (which I assigned to keypress 8) the 1st press of 8 has no effect. Pressing 8 again restarts the Start OGM and when I hit 8 again it goes into Pause or sometimes only after the 4th press of the key 8.

So Pause/Resume has not been resolved at all.

• 3 weeks later...
It has been a while since I last looked at this Pause/Resume problem in IVM 4.03.

I noticed that IVM 4.04 and IVM 4.05 has been released.

I tried both versions on a new machine with an SIP line and noticed that the Pause/Resume sort of works but rather inconsistently. Other functions that I tried work flawlessly with the SIP line.

When I hit the Pause (which I assigned to keypress 8) the 1st press of 8 has no effect. Pressing 8 again restarts the Start OGM and when I hit 8 again it goes into Pause or sometimes only after the 4th press of the key 8.

So Pause/Resume has not been resolved at all.

Could NCH please advise when this rather long outstanding problem will be finally fixed.

I would certainly like to get started with IVM on a live basis and I'm waiting for this problem to be fixed.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
Could NCH please advise when this rather long outstanding problem will be finally fixed.

I would certainly like to get started with IVM on a live basis and I'm waiting for this problem to be fixed.

Thanks

i second that.