Convert WMA

Guest Harry K.

Guest Harry K.

Hello,

yesterday I 've downloaded the actual version of switch, but the conversion of WMA fails with the hint, that the file is corrupt or protcted with DRM.

My WMA-File is a music-title from the music-portal www.allofmp3.com which works without DRM. I also can play the file with windows media player 10.

Unfortunately the solutions on your technical support side don't help me and the side with a sample-WMA i can't open.

I would have thought that that website only sold files in mp3 format, given its name, but I guess that's not the case...

since wma is a microsoft format, you will be able to open any wma file in media player as long as the file is not corrupt in some way. the link to the sample wma works now if you want to try it again though.

are you sure the file is not DRM-ed? when you click on file -> properties -> license tab in windows media player, does it say anything at all?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Switch 1.04 User

I have a file that is .wma also. It plays in w. media player. It has a BLANK page for the 'license tab' in wmplayer. The sample wma works in my download of switch (1.04). Yet Switch will not open my wma or convert it. and it gives the same error that Harry's does. "files does not exist, it is corrupt or protected with drm" None of the three are true. Where does one go from here.?

I would have thought that that website only sold files in mp3 format, given its name, but I guess that's not the case...

since wma is a microsoft format, you will be able to open any wma file in media player as long as the file is not corrupt in some way. the link to the sample wma works now if you want to try it again though.

are you sure the file is not DRM-ed? when you click on file -> properties -> license tab in windows media player, does it say anything at all?