Skype does nothing upon incoming SIP call

Although the Uplink logs show events happening, Skype does nothing when I recieve an incoming SIP call.

All of my SIP account configuration appears to be correct. Upon startup, Uplink shows a sucessful registration to my SIP account and also shows it sucessfully attached to Skype. When I get a SIP call, the log shows "Incoming SIP call", but NOTHING HAPPENS in skype. When the caller hangs up, the log shows "Call has disconnected" and then "About to hand up skype line" and that's all.

I also tried the suggestion on the forum to launch skype first, then Uplink, but that made no difference.

Please let me know how to get this working?

Thank you!

Although the Uplink logs show events happening, Skype does nothing when I recieve an incoming SIP call.

All of my SIP account configuration appears to be correct. Upon startup, Uplink shows a sucessful registration to my SIP account and also shows it sucessfully attached to Skype. When I get a SIP call, the log shows "Incoming SIP call", but NOTHING HAPPENS in skype. When the caller hangs up, the log shows "Call has disconnected" and then "About to hand up skype line" and that's all.

I also tried the suggestion on the forum to launch skype first, then Uplink, but that made no difference.

Please let me know how to get this working?

Thank you!

Same thing's happening with me... I'm gonna try an older version of skype from oldversion.com

I'll let you know how it goes.

The same thing is happening to me. I have UPlink configured as an extension to Trixbox 2.2 I am unsure how to setup Trixbox so that Uplink works as a trunk

If anyone can verify Uplink works with Skype 3.2.0.175 or greater, please post your results here.

Otherwise, i would consider Uplink to be unusable, as it looks to be incompatable with any recent versions of Skype.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Same thing for me : incoming sip call but nothing in skype. Did you guys find a fix or just abandoned uplink ? Look like a great product only if it would work. I also tried uninstalling skype and install 3.0.0.28 with no luck.

If anybody have any idea please let me know,

Thanks,

I found the problem. I hope it will help many others like me. Bottom line is skype is expecting to receive a phone number in the following format : +1NPAXXXXXXX ( for usa and canada ). In my case I was not sending the plus sign wich caused the bug we all know !!!

To fix it in my case in Axon I created the following rule in the default dial plan :

When receive 9

strip 1 digit

add +1

send to uplink to skype

For phone number 123-456-7890 I would dial on my softphone 91234567890

That's it !

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

This is a good software ,But cannot working ?

I have the same situation as all of u ,sip extension 111 is softphone , extension 222 is uplink skype2sip sip account

skype version is 300218

When i used 111 call 222 ,it just show incoming sip call ,But skype is quiet ----No ring

anyone can help me with this great software ?

anyone can support step by step detail config on skype2sip?

Terry

• 1 month later...

I have installed Express talk ver 3.02 on my laptop. I have Axon ver 1.30 on an xp pro PC. I also have uplink ver 1.30 and skype ver 3.6.0.244 on the same PC.

I was having problems with out dialing to skype. I saw a thing about adding +1 to the dialing rules. Here's waht I did and it works.

Dialing rule 9, remove 1 digit, prepend +1, dial on line uplink(from drop down box). Save when completed.

when dialing on Express talk always dial 1 plus area code + number.

I also had a problem with the virtual audio drivers and had to reinstall uplink. When I did it stopped working with Axon. I had to delete and create a new external line. I made sure all my axon settings were identical to uplink including the external line name. I also had to select the virtual audio drivers in the Skype audio setup page. I had to shut down and restart uplink in order for everything to start working again. It all seems fine right now.

Hope this helps.