Record audio output from speakers

nevparker

It's funny you ask. I am able to do it on the first computer that I installed Wavepad on by choosing "What U Hear" as the input. However on the second computer that I installed Wavepad on, this option doesn't even show up. If anybody has an explanation, i would love to know! Anyway I hope that at least your computer has this option. Its after you press "record" under "Recording: Input...". Good Luck!

Hi, I was able to record the output of my PC speakers last year using wavepad. I am unable to do this now. I have to say I can't remember how I did it. Can anyone help?

Thank you

Neville

===============================

Unfortunately, I don't remember how you did it, either. That makes two of us :-)

This being said, I can't understand why you would want to record the output from your PC _speakers_, rather than recording the _electrical signal_ output from your computer's sound card: a far superior method of recording. Recording the output signal from the sound card (which is used to drive the speakers) eliminates numerous potential aggravations.

Perhaps you can explain why you wish to send this signal from the sound card to the speakers, pick up the sound from the speakers, run this through a microphone, and then use the microphone output signal as the input to WavePad's recorder. Is there a logical answer for torturing yourself in this manner?

musikone

• 3 months later...

Please tell me (and the one who asked this question) how you can record audio the way you described, from the sound card. I believe that this is what the person asking the question was really after.

================================================

Send me a private message (via this forum) and I will tell you how to go about this. Meanwhile, if not sooner, perhaps someone from NCH can jump in here and explain how to do this using WavePad. Then again, perhaps not......

At the top right of this screen there is a link entitled "My Controls". Click on this and it will bring up a new screen which deals with personal information and the sending of messages, etc. Study it and you should be able to figure out how to send me a private message.

By the way, I find it interesting that the original poster, way back in July, never answered my question. And here we are in November! I guess that time _really_ flies in this forum, doesn't it?

Musikone

Some soundcards support a "What You Hear" or similar option which can be used to record whatever is played through your speakers. This is purely between your soundcard hardware/drivers and Windows. We acknowledge that not all cards have this capability, so have created a program to replicate this process. Have a look at SoundTap for more information.