mp3 track numbering probllems

jonjo

I have ripped audio book cd's to mp3 and saved them onto my hard drive. Each story takes several cd's. I download each disk seperately therefore the numbering of tracks on each disk starts at #1 to whatever. Then I have renamed all the tracks on the 2nd and subsequent disks to run consequetively. I have then burned them to a single disk for listening to.

Previously, I've had no problem with this, but suddenly when I try to play the new mp3 disk the renumbered tracks are over-ridden with the original numbersing, leaving me with up to ten #1 tracks etc, messing up the playing sequence.

Please can anyone advise how I can overcome this numbering problem?

Thanks in advance.

jonjo

I have ripped audio book cd's to mp3 and saved them onto my hard drive. Each story takes several cd's. I download each disk seperately therefore the numbering of tracks on each disk starts at #1 to whatever. Then I have renamed all the tracks on the 2nd and subsequent disks to run consequetively. I have then burned them to a single disk for listening to.

Previously, I've had no problem with this, but suddenly when I try to play the new mp3 disk the renumbered tracks are over-ridden with the original numbersing, leaving me with up to ten #1 tracks etc, messing up the playing sequence.

Please can anyone advise how I can overcome this numbering problem?

Thanks in advance.

jonjo

I have just discovered that if you right click on the track you want to renumber you can access the facility. I have just tried it, and added 2 disks worth of track and they have ripped in numerical sequnce successfully.