I have an audio file .cvf. It's created with a samsung device (I think) and I can open it with a software named voicemail (I have it). I need to convert it to wav or any other sound file that the express scribe can open. I have to transcribe it. Please, give me information, urgent...

Thanks

Eli

I have an audio file .cvf. It's created with a samsung device (I think) and I can open it with a software named voicemail (I have it). I need to convert it to wav or any other sound file that the express scribe can open. I have to transcribe it. Please, give me information, urgent...

Thanks

Eli

Are you sure this is "cvf" and not Sony's "dvf"? I've never heard of "cvf." You can download nch's Switch Plus trial software which will convert the Sony formats msv and dvf into wav or mp3. If it's not the Sony format that you're talking about, are you sure Scribe won't open it? --krn

Guest nchto

Have you tried Switch? See if it can convert it with the .cvf extension, otherwise rename it to something arbitrary like .abc and then see if Switch is able to read it. If both of these fails and you're able to play the file using 'voicemail', you can use SoundTap to record the audio file and save it as a mp3 file which Express Scribe will be able to open.

• 2 months later...
Have you tried Switch? See if it can convert it with the .cvf extension, otherwise rename it to something arbitrary like .abc and then see if Switch is able to read it. If both of these fails and you're able to play the file using 'voicemail', you can use SoundTap to record the audio file and save it as a mp3 file which Express Scribe will be able to open.

I am also trying to listen to a .cvs audio recording. It was recorded on a SIMS digital voice recorder. Apparently .cvf, .cvh and .cvs are all SIMS proprietary audio formats. Switch and Express Scribe will not handle this format. SIMS is out of business. I was able to find a SIMS recorder with software for the .cvf and .cvh formats, but not one for the .cvs format that I need. I can help Eli with the .cvf format if he can send me the file, the software that came with the recorder I bought supports .cvf. Can anyone help with .cvs? I can't play the file at all.