Can't convert MP3 to wav

Guest LunaticWavn

Guest LunaticWavn

I just installed Switch hoping it will convert my full CD ALBW's. I keep getting a Windows error before conversion is complete. The error simply states "switch has encountered a problem and will close". I've done the uninstall\reinstall thing. Any help is appreciated. Thank You

Guest LunaticWavn
I am converting MP3, any bit rate, to 64k wav format. The problem is not only with Switch, but I have the same problem with dBpowerAMP. I use Windows XP and have tried everything I can think of to fix this. It all started about two weeks ago. I'm wondering if it has to do with a famous XP update.

:angry:

what does 64k mean? 64kbps or 64kHz or something else?

We haven't had any problems ourselves after installing XP SP2, but I'm sure some people do...

unfortunately your sort of error is very difficult to resolve, and is often caused by something funny going on in your windows install, and may not be directly related to our software. The only thing I can really do is give you a diagnostic version of switch and have you try that.

Guest Guest

what does 64k mean? 64kbps or 64kHz or something else?

64kbps, 22,050Hz Stereo is the conversion setting I always used. But, XP updated again and now everything is working fine! Guess they got tired of the error reports, lol. Thanks for the earshot on this. Will be back if I experience any more problems.