files with underscores won't convert

nchtj

[from other post]

I've discovered a bug(?) in using Switch in command line mode: it won't convert the file if there is an underscore (_) character in the file name. It would be nice if this was changed in the next version as I currently have two files I'm converting 5 days a week that have underscores in them.

I also want to let you know I think Switch is a great product.

can you tell me what format you are converting from and converting to? Does the conversion work fine if you load the file into the Switch window? Do you see the file getting added into the Switch window when you add the file through the command line?

[from other post]

can you tell me what format you are converting from and converting to? Does the conversion work fine if you load the file into the Switch window? Do you see the file getting added into the Switch window when you add the file through the command line?

I am converting from mp2 to MS ADPCM wav.

I can do the conversion of the file with an underscore fine from the Switch window.

When I run the batch file to run Switch in command-line mode Switch never opens. I know this is different than other command-line conversions as I've seen other batch operations work correctly. I can also manually change the file name to not have the underscore and convert from command-line. I tried leaving the Switch window open and running the batch file but the file doesn't appear in Switch's window.

if the file is not appearing in the switch window, it means that switch is experiencing some sort of error loading it. Certainly the evidence as you have put it would indicate the underscore is posing a problem, but when I added an underscore to files and tried to load them, I did not experience any problems myself. I even tried this on an mp2 file and it worked.

I opened a command prompt and set it to the Switch folder and then typed:

switch "_test_.mp2"

The file loaded fine and it also converted fine to ADPCM wav.

Are there any other characters in these files of yours that are not letters or numbers ?

edit: this is a longshot, but is the underscore by chance in the file extension and NOT file name ? e.g. "test.mp2_"