Recording Problems After System Has Been In Standby

appro

I am running the trial version of VRS on my Windows XP SP2 machine. After the system has been in "standby" mode, VRS will not begin to automatically record an outgoing or incoming call. I have to close VRS and restart it before recording becomes functional again.

Is anyone else seeing this and is there a simple fix?

I am running the trial version of VRS on my Windows XP SP2 machine. After the system has been in "standby" mode, VRS will not begin to automatically record an outgoing or incoming call. I have to close VRS and restart it before recording becomes functional again.

Is anyone else seeing this and is there a simple fix?

OK, I've purchased VRS and the problem still is there. I've done a clean install of XP SP2, didn't install anything else except VRS and the problem is still there. 9 out of 10 times it won't automatically record an outgoing or incoming call after the machine has been in "Standby". If I close and reopen VRS all is well. If I stop the VRS service and then restart it, all is well.

At the same time that VRS won't record, Windows Recorder records fine. This tells me that my hardware is fine and that this is definitely a bug in VRS, and a serious one at that. Can anyone else confirm that this is happening for them?

If any NCH people read this forum, is a fix going to be forthcoming?

Guest nchto

How are you attempting to record the call? Is it via a hardware recording/telephony device or simply using your microphone? How are the start/stop properties of the channel setup?

How are you attempting to record the call? Is it via a hardware recording/telephony device or simply using your microphone? How are the start/stop properties of the channel setup?

I'm recording via a hardware telephone line to audio adapter. There is plenty of signal and the only time that I have a problem is after the system has been in Standby. As far as the channel is concerned: I have voice activated recording selected, detect time is 12 seconds and the detect level is -28db.

Once again, all of these settings work fine every time I make a call or receive a call except after the system has been in Standby. Most times (but not all) the application won't record via voice activation after I resume from Standby. As I said in my previous post, when the problem manifests after the system has been in Standby, Windows Recorder records fine. This tells me that I don't have a hardware problem.

If I close VRS and reopen it, recording works as it should again. If I stop the VRS service and restart it, recording works as it should again. As far as I can see, this has to be a bug in VRS.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know if this problem has ever been fixed? I purchased the software quite some time ago but have never used it because of this bug. VRS emailed me ages ago and acknowledged that this is a bug. This bug renders the software useless to anyone who regularly uses Standby (XP) or Sleep (Vista) mode on their PC.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if this problem has ever been fixed? I purchased the software quite some time ago but have never used it because of this bug. VRS emailed me ages ago and acknowledged that this is a bug. This bug renders the software useless to anyone who regularly uses Standby (XP) or Sleep (Vista) mode on their PC.

I just downloaded and installed the trial version and I am seeing this problem too, so it doesn't seem to be fixed...

I did some quick testing and found that restarting the VRS service makes recording start working again. Restarting the service is easy to trigger from f ex a script.

I haven't tried this myself, but it seems to be possible to make a script monitor power events. When the script receives notification about the computer coming out of suspend/hibernate it could then restart the service automatically. Check these links:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394362.aspx

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/general-ha...rnate-woes.html

I checked with the developers again, it's on the todo list when the program is next updated. As people have suggested, simply restarting the service seems to fix the issue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a problem related to standby & Hibernate.

I have set VRS to start before Logon.

With VRS running the PC will not go into standby or Hibernate. If I stop VRS then everything is ok. I leave the PC unattended for periods during the day and I want the PC to go to standby. When call are received the PC come out of standby.

Has anybody any experience of this problem?

• 7 months later...
I checked with the developers again, it's on the todo list when the program is next updated. As people have suggested, simply restarting the service seems to fix the issue.

Your post was a year ago and I still have the same problem as Wayne, the original poster of this topic, and additionally VRS stops working if left waiting to record whether manually or automatically after a random interval which can be between a few minutes to a couple of hours. The latest version (5.15) has not changed this problem. Restarting the programme always cures the situation untill the next time the fault occurs.

This problem makes VRS completely unreliable as a recording system which is a great pity since it works so well when it does work.

OS Win XP SP2, Pentium 4, 1GB ram