IVM won't drop the line

lkprotection

I have a small interactive system setup with IVM and 2-line Synway USB telephony board running on Windows XP SP2. A person calls in then goes through the prompts then some data is written to the database and that's it (Immediate hangup in the last prompt).

Here's the problem... After the last prompt the program seems to hold the line for a while and then although it shows that it released the line it does not. When I call the second time the line is busy. I have to physically unplug the usb cable from the modem to release the line and then restart IVM to pickup the hardware again.

Please let me know how to resolve this. I need to fix this asap. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I have some problem...

:(

This issue can be solved by using your telephony board software to modify the Caller Hang up Settings. You need to properly configure silence detection in your telephony board settings. I am not familiar with your specific board, so I hope this idea will help you. It works for me every time.

Cheers

Guest nchto

Also try changing the end of call detection setting in the telephony section of IVM. If it set to hardware then change it to software, and visa versa. If both don't work then set it to hardware and proceed to modify your telephony board settings as BeBercy described.

• 2 months later...

Ok..........I've troubleshot my synway 4port USB voicebox for hours now...and this is where I am:

Calls are answered successfully by Carousel...and bridged successfully to IVM via Axon. After the call is disconnected....the line disconnects.....SORT OF. Carousel..Axon and IVM all display a status of the call being disconnected...however, when I pick up my analog phone and listen to the line......I hear both a dial tone and a faint busy signal together.

1. I can receive calls and place calls after that....but the busy tone signal is still heard in the background.
  2. The number of rings it takes to answer increases
  3. To get rid of the busy tone signal I have to stop and restart the Carousel service.

Is this a Carousel issue....or is it a Synway voicebox issue?

I do not see any end of call line settings in Carousel....only IVM. Does IVM play any role in that?

Same for the number of rings to answer setting.....I only see that in IVM.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok..........I've troubleshot my synway 4port USB voicebox for hours now...and this is where I am:

Calls are answered successfully by Carousel...and bridged successfully to IVM via Axon. After the call is disconnected....the line disconnects.....SORT OF. Carousel..Axon and IVM all display a status of the call being disconnected...however, when I pick up my analog phone and listen to the line......I hear both a dial tone and a faint busy signal together.

1. I can receive calls and place calls after that....but the busy tone signal is still heard in the background.
  2. The number of rings it takes to answer increases
  3. To get rid of the busy tone signal I have to stop and restart the Carousel service.

Is this a Carousel issue....or is it a Synway voicebox issue?

I do not see any end of call line settings in Carousel....only IVM. Does IVM play any role in that?

Same for the number of rings to answer setting.....I only see that in IVM.

I have a similiar problem, my IVM will not disconnect after a caller hangs up, I have updated the drivers as suggested by still no joy. This appears to be a common problem, I would hope there would be a common fix. If anybody has any suggestion to allow my system to recgonize a caller hanging up please let me know

thanks Cheyenne

• 4 months later...
I have a similiar problem, my IVM will not disconnect after a caller hangs up, I have updated the drivers as suggested by still no joy. This appears to be a common problem, I would hope there would be a common fix. If anybody has any suggestion to allow my system to recgonize a caller hanging up please let me know

thanks Cheyenne

I resolved the issue by updating to the latest Synway drivers. The system works perfectly fine for over 7 months now.

IVM NEWBIE

I have this exact problem, why doesn't the IVM give you an option to HANGUP the line when you double click or right click on the phone icon in the lower right of the IVM screen?

Anyway, I am using the latest SYNWAY drivers 5.0.0.0. Which driver works? Here is a list of the drivers.

http://synway.net/about.asp?info_kind=003008

Thank you,

Gary