Switch does it support Vista OS ?

Osprey

I have a purchsed ver of Switch (also use Slice) .. just taken delivery of a Vista machine (32 bit) ... any particular version I need to download ? .... do I need any patch or simialr to work with Vista ?

I have a purchsed ver of Switch (also use Slice) .. just taken delivery of a Vista machine (32 bit) ... any particular version I need to download ? .... do I need any patch or simialr to work with Vista ?

The version I have is Switch Plus v1.12

That version of Switch should work fine with Vista. Let us know if you have any issues!

It won't work ..... so yep I have issues :-)

It installed & registered s/Ware OK ..... but when you try to load a file for conversion a pop up window appears advising that you have to have Real Player installed.

I can't do that as RealPlayer does not exist for VISTA Ultimate.

I have contacted Real Player support - and they confirm that at present no RealPlayer exists for Vista Ultimate platform.

Is there a way around this - any other player than can be used ?

Guest nchto

Have you actually tried installing Real Player on Vista? I did a quick google and some people are reporting success. If you are still having issues you might have some luck with Real Alternative: www.codecguide.com/about_real.htm. I haven't personally tested any of these methods so no guarantees.

It won't work ..... so yep I have issues :-)

It installed & registered s/Ware OK ..... but when you try to load a file for conversion a pop up window appears advising that you have to have Real Player installed.

I can't do that as RealPlayer does not exist for VISTA Ultimate.

I have contacted Real Player support - and they confirm that at present no RealPlayer exists for Vista Ultimate platform.

Is there a way around this - any other player than can be used ?

I can't download it .. you can't download a file ... what you download is their 'download Manger' ... this opens but does not load anything ... Real Player advise it will not download a the player as it has detected the Vista Ultimate OS which is not supported.

NCH ... what about supporting Switch on Windows Media Player - ver11 comes with the OS ???

I'm stuffed at the moment .. have a licensed ver of Switch and can't use it ...

I can't download it .. you can't download a file ... what you download is their 'download Manger' ... this opens but does not load anything ... Real Player advise it will not download a the player as it has detected the Vista Ultimate OS which is not supported.

NCH ... what about supporting Switch on Windows Media Player - ver11 comes with the OS ???

I'm stuffed at the moment .. have a licensed ver of Switch and can't use it ...

I asked a Q on the Vista Forum ... had teh comment that I should isgone Real Player and instaed download free "Real Alterative" Raelalt152

I downloaded that, it works fine with Vista ... and with Switch.

(only got about another 5 programmes to sort out with Viats now ..... switching PC's and this new OS has been a real pain)