Recording multiple channels with one sound card

Guest KC

Hi,

I'm interested in using VRS recording system to record via my current sound card. But the problem is that i would like to achieve multiple channel recording. As i know it can be done:

"Each stereo input can be split (ie. a total of 6 inputs). This requires a bit more technical work than a multichannel card (next)."

Extracted from the VRS website.

Can someone explain to me how to achieve this by technical work?

Any help / comment is appreciated. Thanks.

Regards

KC

• 1 month later...
Guest Net_Administrator
Hi,

I'm interested in using VRS recording system to record via my current sound card. But the problem is that i would like to achieve multiple channel recording. As i know it can be done:

"Each stereo input can be split (ie. a total of 6 inputs). This requires a bit more technical work than a multichannel card (next)."

Extracted from the VRS website.

Can someone explain to me how to achieve this by technical work?

Any help / comment is appreciated. Thanks.

Regards

KC

Hi i recently setup VRS in a call centre, but used multi channel sound cards.

From the top of my head, its very simple to setup with out multi channel soundcards.

What you need to do is buy a Y cable (l/r mono to stereo) from your local musical store, now you plug the Y cable in the line in on the sound card.

Now you open the VRS software, create a name on channel one and click settings to edit its properties. Now you select the soun card your using and select either right channel mono, or left channel mono for the input device.

• 2 months later...
Hi i recently setup VRS in a call centre, but used multi channel sound cards.

From the top of my head, its very simple to setup with out multi channel soundcards.

What you need to do is buy a Y cable (l/r mono to stereo) from your local musical store, now you plug the Y  cable in the line in on the sound card.

Now you open the VRS software, create a name on channel one and click settings to edit its properties.  Now you select the soun card your using and select either right channel mono, or left channel mono for the input device.

Theoretically is possible record 6 channels with only a Sound Blaste Live 5.1 or Audigy, but VRS Recording don´t recognize ASIO drivers (not original Creative Labs drivers)... I already send a e-mail for Peter, but until today i never receive any answer :huh:

It´s a shame.

• 3 weeks later...

I could be completely wrong about this, but I think....

when they say a chad has 5.1 recording they mean this dolby 5+1 speaker sound system. This was designed for movies. This works using 2 audio channels (left and right only) but with the other channels encoded within these 2 stereo data streams. So when they say you can record 5.1 audio they mean IF your stereo audio contained encoded data for other channels your card could decode these for you. As for analog lines you cant normally record more than 2 normal channels with a 5.1 card.

Make sense?

S

Theoretically is possible record 6 channels with only a Sound Blaste Live 5.1 or Audigy, but VRS Recording don´t recognize ASIO drivers (not original Creative Labs drivers)... I already send a e-mail for Peter, but until today i never receive any answer :huh:

It´s a shame.