Skype-Uplink-IPPBX, the DTMF does not work

Hi,

I am playing with the Uplink these days, which is really a great idea to bridge SKYPE with SIP. And thanks for you talented work.

Now I met a problem.

I used the Uplink registers as an external line of an IPPBX, which your papers called Virtual PBX.

I do not want to set incoming calls to ringing on a specified extension. I want the incoming calls to ringing on the PBX IVR, so that I can call any extensions by entering the extension number following the PBX greetings. (This is normally what you do when call to a PBX main number.)

After configured, when I make calls from Skype, I can hear the PBX greetings, which guides me to enter an extension number. But when I enter the number on the computer number pad, from which I initiate this skype calls, the entry can not be recognized.

It seems the DTMF does not work. From the Uplink "help" paper, I did not find any description on how to dial as the mode I do. The paper says "Set your incoming calls to ring on an appropriate Axon extension.", and I can call such a specified extension without any problem if I set so.

Do you guys have any ideas on that? (The IPPBX I have uses DTMF mode RFC2833)

thanks,

Christian

• 3 weeks later...
It seems the DTMF does not work.

Same problem here.

Uplink 1.30 (registered) works fine with our Asterisk server but we are unable to use the Digital Recepcionist, nor the Voice Mail as DTMF does not pass-thru.

For a SIP-SKYPE -> SKYPE-SIP call, it seems DTMF tone is sent back to the caller who pressed the key and not forwarded to the called party.

Please NCH try to solve this point asap or at least to explain the situation (many users have already mentionned the problem but so far no feedback).

The Uplink software is pretty good and it is really disapointing that the basic DTMF is not functioning!

Georges

Mexico City

• 2 weeks later...
Same problem here.

Uplink 1.30 (registered) works fine with our Asterisk server but we are unable to use the Digital Recepcionist, nor the Voice Mail as DTMF does not pass-thru.

For a SIP-SKYPE -> SKYPE-SIP call, it seems DTMF tone is sent back to the caller who pressed the key and not forwarded to the called party.

Please NCH try to solve this point asap or at least to explain the situation (many users have already mentionned the problem but so far no feedback).

The Uplink software is pretty good and it is really disapointing that the basic DTMF is not functioning!

Georges

Mexico City

I had the same problem. It appeared as if it was also ignoring where you pointed it also (IVR, direct extension, etc..) To fix this, I had to set CID on the route to 'uplink' (or whatever u have set up). And then you have to differentiate your other incoming routes too. That got it working for me but it broke Caller ID for my other Incoming number, just shows my own number when someone calls.

Hope this helps, I spend about 3 days reading around before I made any progress.