Express Rip Shuts Down My Computer

Anita Hastie

Hello all, this is the first time I have posted to this page as I am a brand new member. I have been using Express Rip - the basic version - for a few days now and I'm wondering if I'm the only person who is having this problem. If I try to rip a full album (say 18 tunes) at once, Express Rip gets most of the way through it and then crashes my computer. Most of the time I can get by with doing just a few songs at a time, but even then it will sometimes let me almost do four songs, and then down she goes again. Not nice. :( Has anyone else had this problem - is there a solution? :huh:

If I try to rip a full album (say 18 tunes) at once, Express Rip gets most of the way through it and then crashes my computer. Most of the time I can get by with doing just a few songs at a time, but even then it will sometimes let me almost do four songs, and then down she goes again. Not nice. :(  Has anyone else had this problem - is there a solution?  :huh:

I can only suppose there is some quirk with the CD Driver. What version Windows are you using? What CD drive do you have?

• 6 months later...
Guest Russell

I have a similar problem, I have win98 and an atapi cd rom with a microsoft driver dated 4-23-1999. I ran the update driver after seeing your last message it told me I have the best driver for this drive. My computer locks up no matter what program I use and now it locks up before I finish one song. Thanks for any help.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
:unsure::unsure: First time poster here. I try to rip a Cd . It's ok for at least 11/2 cds, or if i preview a song or two, I cannot even complete ripping one Cd before my computer freezes up; mouse pointer control freezes. I only can restart computer using keyboard controls. i'm using windows media OS, lite-on CD burner and computer with memory of 2GB. Express burn does the same thing. After burning about 2 CDs ; the Computer freezes up, losing mouse pointer control, restart only option. Help! jimDandy