all to .wma

Guest Dan

I find Switch to be a very useful program for converting music files. I recently converted ALL my 4 GB of music to .ogg, but my flash mp3 player doesn't support it!! What a drag... <_< but the music is very good quality :) . I'm wondering if there's any way to have Switch support all-to-wma conversion. If this is possible, can someone tell me how? :huh:

• 1 month later...
Guest Jim Pryde
. I'm wondering if there's any way to have Switch support all-to-wma conversion. If this is possible, can someone tell me how? :huh:

If you're running XP, try !Plus for XP which (I think) has a converter for mp3 to wma. It may mean a 2-step conversion (x to mp3, then mp3 to wma) but any port in a storm - right?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest walter gallant

Your web site says that swith will convert to a WMA file fromat; when I try this I get an error "codec not on system".

Other messages here say that you can convert to WMA files.

I tried the Plus version of switch. I use WMA files all the time so the codec must be on my system.

give me the link to the webpage and quote me the part where it says we supporting converting to wma. also tell me where on our forums we say that we support converting to wma. I will make sure the information is corrected if I find it to be in error.

out of curiousity, why do you like wma better than mp3?

when I try this I get an error "codec not on system".

you will get this error when converting to wma V1/V2 files - this format is nothing like what you want, it dates back to 1999, and uses the .wav extension. The latest wma encoder is WMA V9, and uses the .wma file extension.

Anyway, that aformentioned error is caused by Windows incorrectly listing the WMAV1/V2 codecs as being installed, when in fact they aren't (the WMA V9 codecs are, just not the V1/V2 ones).

To fix this problem for WMA V2, please go here and download the MPEG-4 codec pack:

http://www.undercut.org/msmpeg4/

Install the codec pack and restart your machine, and then you will find that WMA V2 now works in Switch. I do not currently know where to locate a WMA V1 codec (you won't need it though).